Croisieres de France CDF Cruise Info & FAQ for Americans in English

Stockjock

How many 16 night, all-inclusive cruises this has got to be, the King of deals) go for $1,000 for two people? I am going to look at booking it from Margarita Island.

We are catching the Horizon in Santo Domingo; after researching the difficulty in obtaining flights to Margarita Island, and perhaps more importantly the apparently extremely high crime rate there, we decided to scrap that option.

YMMV.

Hi.

I am looking at the transatlantic crossing cruise.

I just read on another thread that the AI is changing in 2015 but the Tranatlantic cruises in 2015 are not affected by the changes and will indeed be AI

I am so tempted to book the cruise. Just wish I knew for certain

This seems to answer my question.. You need to click on a cabin then continue to see this

"""This trip includes: Cruise "Your way" with breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the main restaurant and buffet service, including the following beverages: water, juice, coffee, and tea.

This trip No includes: Visas, and/or government fees for entering and leaving any of the countries included in the itinerary, which will be paid directly by the passenger if required by local authorities, tourist charges for accommodation, excess baggage, vaccination certificates, drinks packages Plus, Premium and Guppy, "extras", "Optional services" such as drink service at Premium bars, Ocean Spa service, hairdressing, beauty, and wellness, Duty Free Shops, Internet and wifi in reserved areas, mini bar, 24 hour room service, babysitting, laundry and ironing, phone calls or land messages, medical service, excursions, and in general, any other service specifically required by section "Optional services" in "The Waves Yacht Club" section and the "Grand Class", or not stated specifically in the program/??offer, or not acquired expressively by the client; and, therefore does not appear in the contract and documentation that is delivered at the time of formalizing the contract."""

http://www.pullmantur.es/en/cruceros/vuelos.html?p_p_id=cruiseResult_WAR_portalcruisewebresult01&p_p_lifecycle=1&p_p_state=normal&p_p_mode=view&_cruiseResult_WAR_portalcruisewebresult01_action=showSelectFlight

Plenty of images on this site the inside cabins look quite small and basic

Edited by sean of the seas

I'll muddy the waters on the AI for the TA in April to Barcelona

CDF is owned by Pullmantor and Pullmantor shows "Your Way" not including any alcoholic beverages on all their cruises. Currently advertised CDF winter 2015 cruises in the Caribbean by a Vacations to Go affiliate clearly state a limited selection of alcoholic beverages are included.

A few weeks ago, I found a French article with a Google translation discussing CDF's change to Pullmantor"s "Your Way" policy on Saturday, April 25. 2015 on all Mediterranean cruises after the arrival of the TA cruise. It provided a detailed listing of current AI brands at no charge, and prices of premium brands, and also the "Your Way" priced packages which would apply after April 25.

Don

I'll muddy the waters on the AI for the TA in April to Barcelona

CDF is owned by Pullmantor and Pullmantor shows "Your Way" not including any alcoholic beverages on all their cruises. Currently advertised CDF winter 2015 cruises in the Caribbean by a Vacations to Go affiliate clearly state a limited selection of alcoholic beverages are included.

A few weeks ago, I found a French article with a Google translation discussing CDF's change to Pullmantor"s "Your Way" policy on Saturday, April 25. 2015 on all Mediterranean cruises after the arrival of the TA cruise. It provided a detailed listing of current AI brands at no charge, and prices of premium brands, and also the "Your Way" priced packages which would apply after April 25.

Don

On the CDF website it states exactly what you say

La formule Tout Inclus actuelle est valable pour les départs jusqu'au 11 Avril 2015 inclus.

The All inclusive is good on cruises leaving up to 11th April 2015

http://www.cdfcroisieresdefrance.com/boards/posts/1

VTG specifically confirmed this to me twice before I booked it but I still had doubts until I went to the CFD website and read it for myself.

I found out, I could fly for Port of Spain, Trinidad and then transfer to a Venezuelan airline for the short hop to the island. The problem is, that I can't seem to be able to buy the tickets online. Thus I decided to look into Santo Domingo instead.

However in the end, I am looking to use two Royal vouchers and take the Allure of the Seas, transatlantic to Barcelona and a 5 night Pullmantour Mediterranean cruise, instead.

Great video by the way! All of the points you made are valid until 4/11/2015 when alcoholic beverages will have a charge. The 'pourboire' will continue to be gratis unlike other lines that automatically add 15% to your drink tab. Daily room service will continue to be charged. CDF mentions a "drink package" charge but the price is unclear..appears to be 18 to 20 Euros/day (still a great deal). The internet will still be free of charge.

I just got back from the cruise and am getting settled in after 2 (mostly sick) days in St. Maarten on the back-end. I'll be writing a more comprehensive review shortly.

Going to the Doctor today to get checked out. Meanwhile, if you have any further questions, just ask. Once I've completed the full review (and perhaps a few videos later), I'll post links to them.

Stockjock, hope you are doing better. We leave in 5 weeks out of st martin. My big question is how many disembarked in st martin and how long did it take? Our flight is at1600 and am hoping we make it :) looking forward to your review, where will you post it?

Stockjock, hope you are doing better. We leave in 5 weeks out of st martin. My big question is how many disembarked in st martin and how long did it take? Our flight is at1600 and am hoping we make it :) looking forward to your review, where will you post it?

It's hard to quantify the exact number, but it was a smallish group that boarded in St Maarten. But the embarkation process was pretty bad and my review will discuss that in some detail.

I'm working on the review now and I'll post it under Horizon passenger reviews and probably as a new threat here in the "other" cruise line category.

Eventually, I will upload several videos with a room review and similar. My YouTube name is bradfordwillis so you can eventually find them there and I'll probably also link to the videos in this same "other" category.

I found out, I could fly for Port of Spain, Trinidad and then transfer to a Venezuelan airline for the short hop to the island. The problem is, that I can't seem to be able to buy the tickets online. Thus I decided to look into Santo Domingo instead.

However in the end, I am looking to use two Royal vouchers and take the Allure of the Seas, transatlantic to Barcelona and a 5 night Pullmantour Mediterranean cruise, instead.

I have been told, that there is a 7 night Cunard Crossing back from Europe and considering this. WOW, the thought of 19 nights at sea: 12 nights Allure & 7 nights QM2.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you interested:

My husband Tony and I are booked on this cruise. There is a small group of English speakers we have connected with already. We will be meeting up on sail away at the Terrasse Et Grill at the back of the ship and wearing Mardi Gras beads so we can find one another. You are welcome to join us if you like. :)

• 2 weeks later...
For those of you interested:

My husband Tony and I are booked on this cruise. There is a small group of English speakers we have connected with already. We will be meeting up on sail away at the Terrasse Et Grill at the back of the ship and wearing Mardi Gras beads so we can find one another. You are welcome to join us if you like. :)

May not have any beads....but will look for yours...What time do you plan to do this?

:)

• 1 month later...