Life Jackets

Ohio Bucki

This morning on John Heald's video from the Carnival Liberty, he showed life jackets on the Lido deck near the towel hut. Do all ships now have life jackets or is this just a trial on a few ships? I was on the Glory last November and do not remember seeing any life jackets then.

Do you just sign them out the same way you do towels?

They were originally only on a couple of ships but wouldn't surprise me if they've expanded fleet-wide now. I don't believe we signed it out for my daughter last week.

(I can only assume you're talking about the swim type for kids in the pools. If you're talking about the emergency disaster devices, yes they are new, but only for Platinum and Diamond guests)

They were originally only on a couple of ships but wouldn't surprise me if they've expanded fleet-wide now. I don't believe we signed it out for my daughter last week.

(I can only assume you're talking about the swim type for kids in the pools. If you're talking about the emergency disaster devices, yes they are new, but only for Platinum and Diamond guests)

Thanks for the info.!! Yes, the ones I saw on the video looked they would be used in the pool. I am Platinum, what are the new emergency disaster devices that you mentioned?

I've been on 2 different Carnival ships on both the East and West Coast in the last 7 months and both had the life jackets on the Lido deck. I feel certain they are standard on all the ships now.

you understand they are for the pool, not man overboard

Yes, I understand for the pool only. I assume the comment in post #2 about "emergency disaster devices, yes they are new, but only for Platinum and Diamond guests" was supposed to be a joke??

Yes, I understand for the pool only. I assume the comment in post #2 about "emergency disaster devices, yes they are new, but only for Platinum and Diamond guests" was supposed to be a joke??

They are on the Magic also. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CCL only cares for the safety of Platinum and Diamond cruisers. :-) :-) ;-)

I can see it now.

John -- My DH and I are both platinum and when the ship started sinking I was told that I had to wait to get on the lifeboat. Meanwhile, at the muster station next door, blue and red cruisers were already boarding their lifeboat. This is UNACCEPTABLE and I demand to be compensated!

We had them on Valor in February! I wish I'd have known sooner, I wouldn't have wasted valuable space on two puddle jumpers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I literally just bought my son (he is 7 but huge- wears size 10/12 since he's so tall) a swimways shark vest today (almost $50!) He is too big for the puddle jumpers, which sucks because they are awesome. The swimways one is the only "swim assistance" device I could find in his size. He still wants to swim, but needs a little help. I loved the puddle jumpers because he still had to use his own buoyancy. It'll be interesting to see if they have the vests on our upcoming cruise. Hopefully his lessons will go better and he won't need any device come August.

I literally just bought my son (he is 7 but huge- wears size 10/12 since he's so tall) a swimways shark vest today (almost $50!) He is too big for the puddle jumpers, which sucks because they are awesome. The swimways one is the only "swim assistance" device I could find in his size. He still wants to swim, but needs a little help. I loved the puddle jumpers because he still had to use his own buoyancy. It'll be interesting to see if they have the vests on our upcoming cruise. Hopefully his lessons will go better and he won't need any device come August.

There really isn't any swimming in the pools, too small, too crowded but he can practice his floating.

There really isn't any swimming in the pools, too small, too crowded but he can practice his floating.

Yeah, especially in the fantasy class pools which are tiny lol. He'll enjoy flapping around with his sister. She doesn't need any support, just goggles:D

I saw them on Freedom in February. After I returned, I saw JH mention in a facebook live video that they are on all ships in the fleet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

This actually gives me peace of mind. The shark vest I bought him is more of a "support system", but I know sometimes the pool can be a bit wild. Maybe its better to have him be a human buoy with a real "life jacket" lol. He won't care as long as he can be in the pool. I will be right there watching on the wooden benches, or even in the pool if I start to bake too much, but I would rather be comforted that he is not swallowing salt water :eek: He is a really tall kid so he may even be able to stand (I know its on the deeper side of shallow water, but I forgot how deep so we'll see).