Status Match Question

Sheltieluv

Hi all

I hope someone can give me some guidance as to how to proceed with the Status Match that MSC offers.

We have sailed with Regent Seven Seas, and are at the "Silver Level." There is no card per se, just a Seven Seas Society number. I have researched/read the numerous posts about applying for status match, and most of the posters have cruised with the mass market lines, and they have a "card" that they can present to MSC to show their present status on Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, Carnival, Celebrity, etc. Without a card as proof of a certain level, and only a Seven Seas Society number, how would I proceed? Is this something that a travel agent would be able to handle more easily?

(Please note that we haven't booked yet, but are looking at the 1/1917 Divina cruise; plan to stay in the Yacht Club.)

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks so much!!!:)

We are Diamond Plus on RCCL and I had been trying to do the MSC status match for over a month. I filled out the form twice and scanned our D+ cards and never heard anything back. I sent MSC an email and the automatic reply was that I would be contacted in 2 or 3 days. Again, no reply. Finally, after reading comments on this board, I called MSC's main number last Friday. A very nice representative emailed me the forms (a different form) and told me to email everything directly to her and that she would contact me within 2 to 3 working days. I am more optimistic this time, and hope this will work.

Bottom line is that I think it is best to call them and explain your situation and see what they say. Good luck.

Couple of comments - we are Plat on NCL but there is no card. I just printed the screen online where it details our status and submitted that. It was fine.

There is another thread kicking around here where it is mentioned the online submission for status match is not working. So yes - you'll have to call. You will also get to claw your ears off after listening to the 'Summertime' song about a dozen times, but it will be worth it.

Thanks all!

I'm "techno-challenged"......how does one take a "screen shot"? Sorry to be so ignorant!:p

Mac or PC???

Mac ---> Hold Command + Shift + 4,,,drag the crosshairs around the area that you would like to screenshot,,,the area will be saved to your desktop

PC --->http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-pc/

You have to be diamond on Carnival to get Black on MSC.

I did screen shots of my Elite status on Celebrity and copyied and pasted on the form. Did not hear, so I called and told them we were sailing in a week. The rep was very nice, said they would expedite it, and it showed the next day. EM

With all the website glitches msc seems to be having I may just wait until their issues are resolved before I put any information online. I find it very disturbing especially with passport info possibly being compromised. Maybe I'm being overly cautious? The cruise we are planning is several months away, so I think I have time to work on the status match. I won't wait TOO long, however, to book the cruise; don't want to miss out on the yacht club!

Thanks to all who replied to my question!

I did the status match just over a week over via the web page. Mine came back the next day with an email saying it was done, whilst my husband's didn't seem to show up. I then looked in our booking and his had been done, just no email! A screen shot from our Celebrity log in with the membership number was enough for them.

Wife and I both were matched to black then after a few weeks they moved me to welcome. So keep an eye on it even after you do get it.

Did you use it on a cruise?

On my recent cruise on Orchestra I was told, by the future cruise consultant, that after 1 cruise the points are reset to zero ie welcome.

Another guest was told the same thing by the guest relations manager

We are both black card holders , but not through status match

HERE is a link to the thread where we both post our comments about it

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2347209

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I called to make some inquiries about matching to Carnival. The rep emailed me the form. I don't have an actual card either so I printed out my info from the Carnival website and scanned it in to a PDF document. I emailed the form and that pdf back to her and the status match was completed that day or the next, I don't remember for sure at this point.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On Regent, all drinks are included, as well as gratuities, dining in most of the specialty restaurants, wi-fi, shore excursions, and transfers. Plus, at the Silver level (my tier) there are a few added perks like garment pressing, an hour of free phone time, and a few other minor things. On Regent you don't ever show your ship card because you don't pay for anything, since it's all inclusive. (The exception being some very high-end liquor).

So how do you think MSC would do a status match since Regent is pretty much all inclusive? Is it even worth pursuing? Thanks so much!!!

Hi EM---We have 37 nights. (The Silver tier ranges from 21-74 nights.) I'm guessing MSC won't even consider matching us based on our history, but haven't seen any posts that talked about all-inclusive cruise lines and if any type of match was done.:)

On Regent, all drinks are included, as well as gratuities, dining in most of the specialty restaurants, wi-fi, shore excursions, and transfers. Plus, at the Silver level (my tier) there are a few added perks like garment pressing, an hour of free phone time, and a few other minor things. On Regent you don't ever show your ship card because you don't pay for anything, since it's all inclusive. (The exception being some very high-end liquor).

So how do you think MSC would do a status match since Regent is pretty much all inclusive? Is it even worth pursuing? Thanks so much!!!

I don't believe they status match your perks, but give you the same status based upon their own perks for that level. They will more than likely be different than what you are currently getting.

Did you use it on a cruise?

On my recent cruise on Orchestra I was told, by the future cruise consultant, that after 1 cruise the points are reset to zero ie welcome.

Another guest was told the same thing by the guest relations manager

We are both black card holders , but not through status match

HERE is a link to the thread where we both post our comments about it

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2347209

Pete

Haven't cruised yet. Received the match and a few weeks later it was back to welcome.