Luggage Tags Don't Match Cabin ??

Winchester Ranger

So here I am sat in my hotel immediately pre-cruise and I just noticed that my luggage tags all show my original cabin number that I had before the Upgrade Fairy waved her wand and moved me to a new one.

On previous (non-Cunard) cruises my luggage was always taken before check-in, and if that happens it will go to the wrong cabin before I can correct it.

Any thoughts ?

So here I am sat in my hotel immediately pre-cruise and I just noticed that my luggage tags all show my original cabin number that I had before the Upgrade Fairy waved her wand and moved me to a new one.

On previous (non-Cunard) cruises my luggage was always taken before check-in, and if that happens it will go to the wrong cabin before I can correct it.

Any thoughts ?

Go to personalisr and download the luggage tickets if they are the righr cabin

Hotel will most likely print them for you

Go out in morning get a big magic marker and make new ones.

Have a good trip

That happened to me once. Just change the stateroom number. I had no problem with that. Many people have said that the porters have a list of final stateroom assignments and can give you a blank luggage tag to fill out, so that is an alternative.

One time when we were in a stateroom that was an upgrade, two suitcases belonging to the people originally assigned to that stateroom arrived in our room in addition to our own. The owners of those cases had also been upgraded. We informed our steward and he had them delivered to their owners.

No problem ! has happened many times to us all. Just either stick a white label or paper over the original cabin number ( go to the front deck in your hotel they will have some sticky labels or something to help you ) or cross the old number out and write the new one in.

Or don't bother at all, just remember to trip along to your original cabin and collect it your self , it will either be still outside the door or waiting for you in the Grand Lobby next to the Purser's desk for collection.

The things people worry about ;)

Edited by Bell Boy

No problem ! has happened many times to us all. Just either stick a white label or paper over the original cabin number ( go to the front deck in your hotel they will have some sticky labels or something to help you ) or cross the old number out and write the new one in.

Or don't bother at all, just remember to trip along to your original cabin and collect it your self , it will either be still outside the door or waiting for you in the Grand Lobby next to the Purser's desk for collection.

The things people worry about ;)

Sage words from one so young.

The only bit I would comment on " has happened many times to us all ".Alas not to us,but we live in hope.

Rodger

So it's not quite as obvious as you might think.

My carefully prepared white stickers and best black felt pen writing threw the system into chaos and my bags went missing. When they did eventually arrive (after a search and 2 phone calls FROM the Purser's Office) my original labels had been removed and replaced with yellow handwritten labels, and there was nothing in there that shouldn't have been.

Moral of the story - print the right ones !!

Edited by Winchester Ranger

One thought -- if your changed cabin was in a different area of the ship than your original cabin, such as forward to midships, the bags might have been loaded into a different zone than their correct destination.

I think your are correct underwatr , Yes of course these new luggage labels now have all sorts of 'colour coded strips etc' and also denote the area Fwd/Aft etc . The new idea was to ensure prompt delivery to the guest's cabin. Not sure if it really works though ;)

these new luggage labels now have all sorts of 'colour coded strips etc'

Has anyone worked out what the different color strips mean? There was a thread on this a while ago which explored the hypothesis that the stripes show one's CWC level, but this turned out not to be the case.

I'd guess they correlate to baggage hall location since the tags are intended to remain on through disembarkation.

You get new coloured luggage tags delivered to your stateroom before disembarkation. The colour relates to the various levels of priority for getting off the ship, including Grills, WC levels and onward travel arrangements. As far as we have seen, the embarkation labels are of no consequence at all once on the ship.

Still? The new tags say they're supposed to remain on the bag.

The last time I was on was a year ago and they were still issuing disembarkation tags then, but we understood that it was because they had introduced the new tags recently enough that many of us had already printed off the old design.

Edited by Underwatr

You get new coloured luggage tags delivered to your stateroom before disembarkation. The colour relates to the various levels of priority for getting off the ship, including Grills, WC levels and onward travel arrangements. As far as we have seen, the embarkation labels are of no consequence at all once on the ship.

I just returned from the QM2, and the same embarkation labels were to be used also for disembarkation. Only Grills, Diamond, and tours/transfers received different labels delivered the last day or two of the cruise to use for disembarkation.

I just returned from the QM2, and the same embarkation labels were to be used also for disembarkation. Only Grills, Diamond, and tours/transfers received different labels delivered the last day or two of the cruise to use for disembarkation.

Same on QV now, if you have independent arrangements you don't get new labels.

It's interesting that the new luggage labels say, that they have to remain on our luggage until after disembarkation, yet so many of us remove them.

I think I'll leave them on my bags from now on , including the additional ones they deliver to the stateroom ( the colour coded labels for disembarkation) Those original labels could provide additional security/information, should a bag go missing in the baggage/arrival hall.

So how do they control disembarkation sequencing if we no longer have the colored tag stubs to go by? Is it just more obviously by suites and then top down by deck?

The following is from my notes from the QE in September:

Disembarkation was different in that only Grills and Diamond members got to wait in the Commodore Club, with tea, coffee and cakes. Previously we as Platinum members were able to do this and also able to disembark an hour early. Also the only ones to get given new labels were Grills, Diamond and people with transfers. The rest of us had to use our embarkation labels, wait in the theatre and disembark from the top decks down but our deck at least was called half an hour early.

Hello,we disembarked from I think the same cruise Ray.Although we had to wait in the theatre we were well entertain by what looked about twelve memebers of some form of stage and or removal crew.It appeared that every time two of them lifted one of the large wrapped pieces and placed them somewhere,two other members moved them to another part of the stage.

Rodger.