When Will 2017-2018 Antarctic Cruise Schedule Be Out

rallydave

New to Seabourn but, experienced cruisers. As the title states, DW and I are extremely interested in Seabourn for a cruise to the Antarctic the winter of 17/18. Realize the schedules only go thru April 2017 right now so wondering when it would be expected that the next schedule release which would expect to include the next Antarctic cruises be released.

Also, we are 4 star Mariners with HAL and wondering if anyone knows if that status does or is expected to carry over to Seabourn status any time soon??

Any ideas, guesses, etc. will be greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

The dates seem to be the same each year, however I did hear on a recent cruise on Seabourn that they are hoping to include Sth. Georgia in two of the four cruises in 2017, instead of only one Sth. Georgia visit as has been the case.

The forthcoming Antarctica season will also include kayaking.:)

Dave,

I expect that you will enjoy your future Seabourn cruise experience when you get those schedules and book one of the itineraries.

About HAL and its benefits, I have never heard of such cross-benefits being applied to Seabourn and frankly I hope that they never will be. Seabourn is a distinct brand and I would be extremely disappointed if its Management started thinking otherwise and took steps to dilute what makes it unique and special. No, the benefits earned by Seabourn passengers on Seabourn should be enjoyed by them alone. Seabourn is anything but a mass market cruise line or a mini-HAL.

Happy sailing!

Edited by markham

Hi Rallydave

The 2016-17 Antarctic cruises were released around the middle of March this year. I've looked at the date of my email with our travel agent confirming our reservation on the 19th Dec 2016 sailing and that is 23rd March and I know I pretty much got on to her to book it as soon as I saw it was available on the website.

Can only assume a similar schedule is the case for next year..?

Thanks all for your responses and now know we have about 6 to 7 months before schedules are released which is fine. Our TA has been made aware of our wishes and we'll keep an eye out for e-mails in our in box.

And, markham, I most certainly agree about hal and Seabourn being different and Seabourn not being a mini HAL. Got our 4 Star Status in only two HAL cruises and after our World Cruise a couple of years ago, don't believe hal even compares to carnival. For what they called the best employees adn great amenities, the cruise was a complete disaster including Stein Krous coming aboard for a few days and at a presentation by senior officers and senior management, we were provided sparkling wine swill probably costing less than $5/bottle while the executives behind barricades drinking Dom Perignon.

Certainly hope Seabourn is many steps up from hal and looking forward to finding our new cruise line of choice notwithstanding being part of carnival.

Thanks again,

Rallydave,

...and they drank the best champagne, all the while pretending that their subjects wouldn't notice or care...

Something out of Dostoevsky. No, it's Holland America Line and an egregious example of biting the hand that feeds you - or should I say the hands that pays your salary.

I would not be forgiving nor would I return to such a supplier. Fortunately, such shenanigans have never been witnessed by me on Seabourn.

And I trust you will be converted to Seabourn's obviously higher standards of service soon, too.

Happy sailing!