Laundry on board seabourn

sabaka

Is there a laundry room that guests can use on board. I will be using the send out srvice for somethings, but there are some of my items I prefere to do and some small touch up ironing that I also preferer to do. If so ,are all the products you need available?

I too usually do a load of laundry ( on a two week cruise and with our penchant for spending a few days in the embarkation and debarkation cities it is a necessity , unless you like traveling with tons of luggage -- which I don't). Yes you can send it out and I'm sure Seabourn does a great job but I am still wary aftr a bad experience in Africa where I sent our laundry out at a game lodge and my pants were turned into capris and my husband gained a wardrobe of pink underwear.I was actually surprised the first time on Seabourn that I saw numerous other people doing laundry ( this was before I got to know the Seabourn clientele and had assumed that everyone would be too snooty to do their own laundry -- boy was I wrong.) I even saw one husband down there a few afternoons pressing his shirts -- his wife told him that if he insistd on bringing linen shirts she was not going to press them for him. Think I could train my husband? BTW, I bring my own laundry detergent and dryer sheets ( I think their laundry detergent is too harsh). But it is nice of them to offer it (and gratis too).

Thanks, We travel very light and are touring for a few days before we sail so I am relived we can do laundry! As for the iron my husband is and airline Captain and likes his shirts just so! Just so I do not have to iron them! He does a much better job then sending them out! Thanks for the tip on detergent I do not like anything harsh!

I did a load of laundry on the Legend in February. I brought my own detergent and was glad since other passengers warned me about the detergent's harshness. However, next time I cruise, I'll be sending my laundry out since several articles of clothing came out with grease spots that, unfortunately, couldn't be removed :(

On the Spirit, for 26 days, with 5 days added before and at the end of the cruise, I did use the laundry room. Preparing for the Autumn foliage trip on September 19, 2004, with a pretrip of 10 days to Vermont for a week and NYC for three days, I definitely will be doing laundry. I like the suggestion of taking my own detergent, which I will do.Thank you for reminding me. I also am packing some of those Dreyel sheets for quick refreshing of certain articles. I have used the send out service, i.e. my husband's tux shirt, on board too and I found it to be excellent. Less than a week and we are on our way. Can't wait for the wonderful experience of seeing Vermont, revisiting NYC, and experiencing total relaxation and pleasure on Seabourn.

Thanks again for the tip.

Rather than bringing my detergent in a container that might leak I buy the individually sealed packages -- premeasured and no worries about one more thing that could go wrong -- just sit back and enjoy another glass of chamapagne living the good life on Seabourn!

The best improvement we noticed in the (clostrophobic and way overused)

triplet laundry rooms was the addition of piped in music--always a plus on

our comment cards! You must be located very near the laundry room and

use it at bizarre hours or you will be "disappointed". (Not to mention the guests who think the laundry rooms are their own personal laundries.) It is part of the elan of Seabourn--the Seabourn Way--the ONLY WAY! Snobby--NEVER EVER! Cruise on!

• 2 weeks later...

I know on some larger ships that the laundry is often closesd when in or near port. I guess it may have something to do with discharge of waste water?

Anyway, does this happen on Seabourn?

And, and general idea on the cost to "sendout" shirts, suits etc for pressing onboard? Assume they do not have drycleaning onboard.

Not to worry--the laundry is completely available in or out of port on the triplets. Furthermore, of course, there is fabulous full service dry cleaning available at very reasonable prices. (They have, literally, worked miracles for us in the past!) The laundry (send out) charges are, also, extremely reasonable. (They have, also, worked miracles for us on occasion.) Next day service is available at a slight surcharge. As with everything else on Seabourn, champagne wishes and caviar dreams do come true!

I will be on a Grand Voyage in the future. I have used the laundry package on Holland America. Does Seabourn offer the laundry package for a one time fee ? I like sending my clothes out every day and having them done !!! I don't do laundry and I can pack a little lighter as well. It is a little pricey but worth every penny to me !!!!!!!! I get back home and all of my things are clean and neat !!!!!!

The Grand Voyages are the best and never, ever, long enough! We are not aware of any "laundry packages" and, surely, would have encountered them in the past had they existed. That said, Holland America and their "offerings" will be a very distant memory once you experience a Seabourn Grand Voyage. (BTW, every Seabourn voyage is beyond Grand!) Of course, you will be much too busy being pampered to even give laundry a thought!

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams! Seabourn awaits!

I agree !!! I don't want to think about laundry !!!!!!! I will send it out anyway with or without a package !!! :-) I'm going to be talking and socializing with fellow pax rather than doing laundry !!! The HAL experience was somewhat disappointing so it is already a distant memory , but I did like Antarctica:-)

Take a few balloons with you. Primary colors are festive! When you rinse out your "underpinings" just blow up your colorful balloons and drape them over! They will dry in no time! It's true! Makes your bath amusing!

One time I had several red, blue and yellow balloons blown up with my "panties" drying in the bathroom.......my sweet housekeeper said, "Miss Marta, what about those balloons in your bath?" I said, "OH dear, don't bother those balloons, they're for my dance routine tonight!"..........she just said, "OH....I'll go ahead with dusting and I'll vaccum!" Never mentioned it again.

Soooo Sailors, take medium sized balloons! If you forget them, the Cruise Director will gladly give you a few! AND EVEN will blow them up for you!

Happy Laundry!

Martita B.

Hi Miss Martha,

I am sitting here laughing at the picture of a bath tub full of balloon undies. What a great idea. So much more festive then hanging them on the retractable wash line in the tub. I'm going to remember that for next time.

Thanks for the nice words about my Dad on the other thread. He really enjoyed meeting you too. I'm sure there will be future opportunties. He has never sailed on the yachts (he actually sailed on the Seabourn Sun with my Mom for 39 days around SA and loved it) I gotta get them to go on one of the triplets. WHo knows, maybe you all will sail together.

Bon voyage

• 1 month later...

Laundry always seemed to be available on our trip. The soap that is dispensed does not seem to have any "oomph" to it. You might want to pack some in a ziplock bag for your trip. Dryer takes awhile. Iron is first rate. Onboards costs to send items out is not cheap, but more like a good hotel. We were going to send some items for cleaning/pressing but realized we had overpacked and did not need to.

• 10 years later...
mr. Luxury, i am in total agreement with you! I don't spend all this money to cruise any luxury cruise line to do laundry to save a few shekels nor am i interested in sharing a laundry room. I do laundry at home not on vacation.

agree!