Newbie needs booking advice

trk_koa

DH and I are looking to book our first Azamara cruise and have a couple questions. We have cruised RCI, X, Princess and Paul Gauguin in the past.

We have found an itinerary we like but have a little bit of anxiety about sailing the Middle East. I started a booking on the web site and it said the deposit would be non-refundable.

So if our anxieties or world events convince us we don't want to go, can that non-refundable deposit be moved to another sailing if before final payment?

I am sensitive to noise so we are looking at a non-connecting V2 veranda on deck 7 on Journey, just aft of mid ship.

We are elite on X. Do I just need my Captains Club number to book, or do I need to contact Azamara to get a LCV account set up first?

We are sailing on Equinox next week, so am I right that I should wait and book on board for extra benefits?

Thanks so much for indulging my newbie-ness.

Nancy

We are elite on X. Do I just need my Captains Club number to book, or do I need to contact Azamara to get a LCV account set up first?

We too are Elite on Celebrity.

We booked direct with Azamara and I gave my Captain's Club numbers at the booking stage.

I then set up an LCV account, using the same numbers.

We had reciprocal benefits on board, we were invited to 'Top tier events.'

I was surprised on our return to find that we were credited with 5 points per night for a V2 cabin( 3 on Celebrity for a balcony cabin)

I'm not sure about loss of deposit, it depends on your country's T&C. At one time we used to loose ours in UK, but now I believe they can be transferred to another booking, but once only.

DH and I are looking to book our first Azamara cruise and have a couple questions. We have cruised RCI, X, Princess and Paul Gauguin in the past.

We have found an itinerary we like but have a little bit of anxiety about sailing the Middle East. I started a booking on the web site and it said the deposit would be non-refundable.

So if our anxieties or world events convince us we don't want to go, can that non-refundable deposit be moved to another sailing if before final payment?

I have moved the deposit several times in the past including last week. I think it helps to have a great agent.

I am sensitive to noise so we are looking at a non-connecting V2 veranda on deck 7 on Journey, just aft of mid ship I would book close to mid ship as you can. the ship is bigger than PG but it can rock in rough seas. Dec 7 is the quiet deck.

have the number ready and give it to them on the phone, in person etc. we use the same number as Celebrity.

We are sailing on Equinox next week, so am I right that I should wait and book on board for extra benefits?

Thanks so much for indulging my newbie-ness.

Nancy

not honestly sure about the benefits between lines. I never keep up with that. In general i book on ship.

Regarding the non-refundable deposit:

Your post indicates you live in the US so your rules should be the same as ours. Here is what is on my invoice for a cruise in February, 2017.

999 to 121 Days Prior to Sailing...$50 Per Guest

120 to 91 Days Prior to Sailing.....25% of Total Price

90 to 61 Days Prior to Sailing.......50% of Total Price

60 to 31 Days Prior to Sailing.......75% of Total Price

30 to 0 Days Prior to Sailing.........100% of Total Price

The website is not known for its clarity. Read what is says closely and, if you still have a concern, call Azamara to verify, but I am pretty sure this hasn't changed recently or there would be a firestorm here on Cruise Critic.

I have seen numerous posts about moving a cruise. Most indicate the policy is once but, as Robin said, many also manage to do it more than once.

Regarding the non-refundable deposit:

Your post indicates you live in the US so your rules should be the same as ours. Here is what is on my invoice for a cruise in February, 2017.

999 to 121 Days Prior to Sailing...$50 Per Guest

120 to 91 Days Prior to Sailing.....25% of Total Price

90 to 61 Days Prior to Sailing.......50% of Total Price

60 to 31 Days Prior to Sailing.......75% of Total Price

30 to 0 Days Prior to Sailing.........100% of Total Price

The website is not known for its clarity. Read what is says closely and, if you still have a concern, call Azamara to verify, but I am pretty sure this hasn't changed recently or there would be a firestorm here on Cruise Critic.

I have seen numerous posts about moving a cruise. Most indicate the policy is once but, as Robin said, many also manage to do it more than once.

Move a cruise deposit twice in the past 12 months. easier to move to a new cruise vs one i already booked. .but again my agent works magic. also in 2016 AZ changed from Turkey to Athens to decide. as i was cruising i had her get me two week to decide. asked many officers about going to Turkey. I went and was fine. yet a week after i got on the ship there was a bombing in Turkey.

The OP also needs to know AZ or any good cruise line not going into unsafe country even if that changes while on ship.