Summer 2017?

bangzoom6877

We would like to look into sailing MSC from Miami to the western Caribbean in July 2017. Any idea when the itineraries will be out and able to book? And will it still be the Divina in summer 2017 since that is before the new ship makes its debut in December 2017 in Miami?

We would like to book as soon as we can, because my sister and I would like to book the corner Aurea suites (if it is the Divina) with our families, and there are very few of them. We would book today if we could.

I just did an online chat on the MSC Cruises USA website. I was told that the Divina is going to Europe beginning April 2017 and that it will likely be Seaside sailing to the Caribbean out of Miami in summer 2017. I'm confused, because everything online indicates that Seaside is making its debut in December 2017. I asked the rep while chatting, and he said there may be a game plan change. Then we were disconnected.

Anyone have any info regarding this? Or better yet, anyone know if MSC will be sailing to the Caribbean at all in July 2017? We were really hoping to sail MSC for our next cruise, in the Aurea suites.

I just did an online chat on the MSC Cruises USA website. I was told that the Divina is going to Europe beginning April 2017 and that it will likely be Seaside sailing to the Caribbean out of Miami in summer 2017. I'm confused, because everything online indicates that Seaside is making its debut in December 2017. I asked the rep while chatting, and he said there may be a game plan change. Then we were disconnected.

Anyone have any info regarding this? Or better yet, anyone know if MSC will be sailing to the Caribbean at all in July 2017? We were really hoping to sail MSC for our next cruise, in the Aurea suites.

Someone is very misinformed at MSC I think. MSC Divina will be sailing year round Caribbean itineraries and will no longer spend the summers in the Med. But,,,,,I'll ask my contact at MSC if the information you received is correct.

Someone is very misinformed at MSC I think. MSC Divina will be sailing year round Caribbean itineraries and will no longer spend the summers in the Med. But,,,,,I'll ask my contact at MSC if the information you received is correct.

I would really appreciate that, thank you! Are you referring to your personal vacation consultant? Is this someone I could get in contact with as well?

I was also in touch with a vacation consultant at MSC that I had called yesterday. She finally emailed me back just before to tell me that the only info she could get right now is that the Divina will be going to Europe in April 2017. No other info is available at this time according to her. Bless you if you can get some more information on this!

I can't help it, I'm a crazy vacation planner and the earlier I know, the better! ;)

I would really appreciate that, thank you! Are you referring to your personal vacation consultant? Is this someone I could get in contact with as well?

I was also in touch with a vacation consultant at MSC that I had called yesterday. She finally emailed me back just before to tell me that the only info she could get right now is that the Divina will be going to Europe in April 2017. No other info is available at this time according to her. Bless you if you can get some more information on this!

I can't help it, I'm a crazy vacation planner and the earlier I know, the better! ;)

I'll get to the bottom of it for you. I have messages into MSC and my other contact there,,,I'll let you know once I receive a response from one of them.

Hi Bonnie & Mike,

We do not have planned itineraries and rates past early April 2016 for MSC Divina or any of the other ships in our fleet. Once available, itineraries will posted on our website.

Best Regards,

MSC Cruises USA

Hi Bonnie & Mike,

We do not have planned itineraries and rates past early April 2016 for MSC Divina or any of the other ships in our fleet. Once available, itineraries will posted on our website.

Best Regards,

MSC Cruises USA

I think the OP was concerned that MSC Divina will not be sailing Caribbean itineraries in the summer of 2017 after a conversation with one of the representatives from MSC Cruises USA online chat.

I'll get to the bottom of it for you. I have messages into MSC and my other contact there,,,I'll let you know once I receive a response from one of them.

Thank you so very much, I really appreciate you taking the time to help!

I think the OP was concerned that MSC Divina will not be sailing Caribbean itineraries in the summer of 2017 after a conversation with one of the representatives from MSC Cruises USA online chat.

This is correct. I am even more concerned as to whether or not MSC will be sailing to the Caribbean at all in the summer of 2017. Thank you.

How close to sail date do they switch? Is it very drastic too? Like if we were scheduled on a Caribbean cruise, would they switch to Europe at the last minute?

They have recently switched the Opera from the Canaries to Cuba.

Annie

How far in advance of sailing date did they switch it? And it still sailed from the same port?

They switched the Opera's geographical area for cruising in the winter 2015 season from the Canaries off North Africa to Cuba in late June 2015. So naturally the departure ports would be '000's of miles apart.

A trawl through the board would give you the date - late June 2015 I think.

MSC are the best people to ask for any more information.

My instinct is that once the Divina sails back to the Caribbean this Autumn, she will stay there. However at best that is a guess.

Annie

I'm booked on the seaside ship plate June 2017 sailing from Naples. So whilst MSC USA may have no itineraries beyond the date quoted, MSC UK and other regions do have schedules out for 2017, albeit may not be complete and may be subject to change.

They have a lot on their website about the Meraviglia's launch in the Med. Can't see them suddenly deciding to switch that to the US at that time of year when it is peak season in the Med and they have a much bigger passenger base there than in the US (albeit they're trying to grow their US market share)

I'm booked on the seaside ship plate June 2017 sailing from Naples. So whilst MSC USA may have no itineraries beyond the date quoted, MSC UK and other regions do have schedules out for 2017, albeit may not be complete and may be subject to change.

They have a lot on their website about the Meraviglia's launch in the Med. Can't see them suddenly deciding to switch that to the US at that time of year when it is peak season in the Med and they have a much bigger passenger base there than in the US (albeit they're trying to grow their US market share)

Is your sailing on the Seaside just a Mediterranean round trip sailing, or a TA? I wonder if the person I chatted with knows something and if the Seaside is after all going to be sailing out of Miami that summer.

Mairi ................. the MSC Seaside is a different ship to the MSC Meraviglia. The former is expected to be launched in Nov 2017 to sail the Caribbean whereas the latter will launch in June 2017 and be based in the Med for the summer months.

Mairi ................. the MSC Seaside is a different ship to the MSC Meraviglia. The former is expected to be launched in Nov 2017 to sail the Caribbean whereas the latter will launch in June 2017 and be based in the Med for the summer months.

That must be why I was confused about this initially. Thank you for clarifying!

Oops, that explains it then!

I've heard so much about them calling these new ships the Seaside project and assumed they were talking about all of them. Hadn't clicked that one of them was going to be called Seaside(they've always used Italian names).

So is the Mer I glia one of the new seaside types, or have I got that wrong too?

Oops, that explains it then!

I've heard so much about them calling these new ships the Seaside project and assumed they were talking about all of them. Hadn't clicked that one of them was going to be called Seaside(they've always used Italian names).

So is the Meraviglia one of the new seaside types, or have I got that wrong too?

Meraviglia will be a different style of ship to Seaside. They're being built in different shipyards in different countries, too. I agree with you it was confusing when they first announced the two new ships.

I think "Seaside" is going to be the name of the class of ship as well when they build sister ships - a bit like "Fantasia" being a ship's name as well as class of ship. I have to say, the name doesn't 'sit' well with me, at all. There's a huge complex being built in Cebu, Philippines, comprising shopping malls, hotels, apartments, etc - a mini town -named Seaside, too, which I knew of long before MSC's "Seaside Project" came along. Whether it's because of it that I don't care for the name or whether it's the fact that it's a bit cheesy as a ship's name, I can't say. To me, the term 'Seaside' conjures up visits to the beach!

My take on it is that they didn't give Seaside an Italian name as she'll be based in the US permanently.

I wonder what class the Meraviglia will be called?

Edited by Beamafar

Mairi ............... this video may give you some idea of the difference between the two ships

Thanks I'm completely clear on the differences now. That will teach me for not reading more befor I booked on the Meraviglia! Just heard about their new biggest ever new yields and presumed wrongly it was all part of this seaside with Meraviglia being the first out of the shipyard.

So it seems like I'm booked on an all weather ship bigger than the Fantasia with a few more fancy technical innovations but mainly an evolvement as the Musica was of the opera and Fantasia was of the Musica.

Whereas Seasid is a completely new design from what they've done before and carrying a few less pax than Meraviglia but designed to sail in sunny climes rather than all weather.

Guess I should go and read those sticky threads now.

Boy do I feel stupid!

Thanks I'm completely clear on the differences now. That will teach me for not reading more befor I booked on the Meraviglia! Just heard about their new biggest ever new yields and presumed wrongly it was all part of this seaside with Meraviglia being the first out of the shipyard.

So it seems like I'm booked on an all weather ship bigger than the Fantasia with a few more fancy technical innovations but mainly an evolvement as the Musica was of the opera and Fantasia was of the Musica.

Whereas Seasid is a completely new design from what they've done before and carrying a few less pax than Meraviglia but designed to sail in sunny climes rather than all weather.

Guess I should go and read those sticky threads now.

Boy do I feel stupid!

Perhaps you'll be able to change the booking under the Fantastica conditions (I'm assuming you booked that level). You've plenty of time to consider your options - don't act in haste, you could overthink it. Watch for other "offers" along the way if you're regretting the Meraviglia booking and/or wait and see what the Seaside launch brings. There's a lot can happen between now and 2017!

Hi Bonnie & Mike,

Best Regards,

MSC Cruises USA

Thats funny!!!! :confused::confused:

The UK does!!! :D:D

Here is a screen dump of a seacrch for cruises on ALL MSC ships from April 2016 to NOVEMBER 2017

Anybody wanting to know itineraries could log on to the UK MSC site

http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/homepage.aspx

1243 cruises on 230 itineraries

itineraries.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

meraviglia will be a different style of ship to seaside. They're being built in different shipyards in different countries, too. I agree with you it was confusing when they first announced the two new ships.

I think "seaside" is going to be the name of the class of ship as well when they build sister ships - a bit like "fantasia" being a ship's name as well as class of ship. I have to say, the name doesn't 'sit' well with me, at all. There's a huge complex being built in cebu, philippines, comprising shopping malls, hotels, apartments, etc - a mini town -named seaside, too, which i knew of long before msc's "seaside project" came along. Whether it's because of it that i don't care for the name or whether it's the fact that it's a bit cheesy as a ship's name, i can't say. To me, the term 'seaside' conjures up visits to the beach!

My take on it is that they didn't give seaside an italian name as she'll be based in the us permanently.

i wonder what class the meraviglia will be called?

VISTA

from travelpulse

introducing meraviglia, msc cruises' first vista-class ship

cruise| msc cruises| donald wood| april 20, 2015

MSC Meraviglia is the first of two identical ships on order from STX France, the second of which will be entered in to service in 2019. In addition, MSC Cruises has options for two further Vista project ships to be delivered by 2022.

The Vista project is the result of a lengthy development process under STX's ECORIZON® program to create cleaner, smarter, more efficient ships. They will be water emission free, and their hulls and propulsion systems will be optimized for extreme energy efficiency. Scrubber technology will neutralize fumes and CO2 emissions in accordance with the latest international maritime regulations. In addition, the ship is fully compliant with the Safe return to Port requirement.

Edited by Skier52