Shuttle buses

miss travel

I am going on a cruise next August around the British isles. I was wondering if there are shuttle buses from the ports to the towns and is there a charge for this. We will calling at Liverpool, Belfast, cork, Dublin, Glasgow, there are one or two more ports.

I am going on a cruise next August around the British isles. I was wondering if there are shuttle buses from the ports to the towns and is there a charge for this. We will calling at Liverpool, Belfast, cork, Dublin, Glasgow, there are one or two more ports.[/quote

Belfast:There was a free public bus that stopped at the pier and then downtown by city hall. What we did was book the Titanic Experience on line. We then got off the ship around 9am and took a taxi over to the Titanic Museum, you can not walk there and there is no direct bus service. Getting there early avoids the crowds. We then walked from there (we are walkers) to downtown, looked around, then took the free shuttle back to the pier.

Cork (Port of Cobh): If you wish to walk around Cobh the town is right there as you exit the pier. There are some shops, restaurants, and pubs. It is a nice town and they welcome the cruise ship business. Walking is hilly. If you wish to go to Cork there is a train station right on the pier which goes into Cork. It is maybe a 1/2 mile walk from the Cork train station into downtown Cork. Cork isn't much of a tourist city. It has the normal stores and businesses that you would find in most cities. Many passengers take private or Princess tours over to Blarney and the woolen mills, plus to other interesting locations.

You'll not need a shuttle bus in Liverpool. The ship will dock a ten minute walk from the city centre. If The Beatles are your thing then I can highly recommend doing a Google search for 'Fab Four Taxi Tours'. These, as the name suggests are regular black cabs, the drivers of which will take you on a tour of the major Beatles sites in Liverpool.

If you have any particular requests for whilst you are in Liverpool, let me know as I live locally and will be happy to help if I can.

Edited by wobblybob74