Internet Survey

Sunprince

Did anyone get a survey from Seabourn on their potential new internet plans? I just responded the survey. I can't go back and copy and post the details but the plans seem complicated with multiple data limits. Also the proposed pricing was excessive ( think $ 24-45+ per day). I provided feedback that internet should be included in the price of the cruise fare. These proposed plans would seem a step backwards at Seabourn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I also received the survey. I think the purpose of charging for internet is, amongst other things, to try to manage the available bandwidth and this appears to be an attempt at refining how they do that.

Worth noting that a lot of passengers get all or some of their internet for free as part of membership level benefits. My concern, as expressed in the survey, is to maintain my Diamond access.

Did anyone get a survey from Seabourn on their potential new internet plans? I just responded the survey. I can't go back and copy and post the details but the plans seem complicated with multiple data limits. Also the proposed pricing was excessive ( think $ 24-45+ per day). I provided feedback that internet should be included in the price of the cruise fare. These proposed plans would seem a step backwards at Seabourn.

I always seem to miss the surveys. I wonder if I'm not in the correct age bracket to receive such things.

We have received two surveys in the last few years other than those related to future route preferences and destinations for world cruises.

We found the surveys to more for marketing purposes (ie. how should we approach marketing this subject to smooth the path), rather than to gauge whether something was a favourable change or not for implementation. The decisions had been made long before.

Unfortunately, in our experience the process was a disingenuous waste of our time.

I began to complete the internet survey but only got as far as the first few questions. I indicated that I prefer to remain connected as little as possible while cruising. At that point, the survey thanked me for participating and kicked me out! So the 7-minute survey lasted about 10 seconds and I never got to the point of responding to the various internet options.

I received and completed the survey. I think it is a horrible idea to change access based on speed. Seabourn is already more expensive than similar lines. Most premium cruise lines have realized that internet isn't a perk any more and include, at the minimum, a couple of hours per day, which we believe is more than sufficient. We had free unlimited internet on our last Seabourn cruise but we only used it to check email. IMHO: Provide more free access and give everyone the same speed. It doesn't cost them any more... just another concession.

• 2 weeks later...

I took the survey and found all of the possible internet pricing plans to be way too high. I indicated that I thought for the price they charge, internet should be included. I do not drink but use the internet so that is one of the minor reasons my next cruise is Viking Ocean 15 day Homelands cruise. I still love Seabourn and hope to cruise with them again but find the internet pricing policy outrageous.