Seabourn Fail

RustyRollock

I picked up the travel docs pack today for our forthcoming Encore Sydney-Singapore cruise in March. All looks OK except the pre-printed baggage labels which show the wrong cabin number and therefore presumably will be delivered to the wrong cabin on embarkation day.

Not a big deal overall and easily fixed, except that in order to re-issue the labels with the correct cabin number Seabourn want to charge me $50 to fix their mistake. Petty, considering how much $$$ we've spent on several previous and future Seabourn cruises.

We leave in 5 weeks so there's plenty of time to fix it but my TA's pleas for some sanity to prevail are so far falling on deaf corporate ears.

Really wouldn't worry. We have often turned up with no Seabourn paperwork whatso ever (we often leave home before these arrive in the mail)

No problem. Present your luggage dockside, they just check you on the manifest and put on a handwritten label. Similarly check-in.

No problem, just a smile and welcome.

Personally would not give it a second thought.

Just Enjoy!

Edited by AlbanyWA

Can't correct the number manually. The labels are made of plastic. Like I say, it's not a huge deal, it's the $50 that bugs me. It was their mistake so why do they want me to pay to correct it, especially when we've forked out $ALOTTA of the kids' inheritance over the years. Carnival nickel and dimeing strikes again.

Don't let this bug you. I get the stupidity of them wanting $50 but inform them when you hand your bags in and problem solved. Don't allow yourself to start this strip with a negative slant. There's too many good things to focus on vs this. As they say, first world problems...

• 2 weeks later...

Update: after several phone calls and emails from my increasingly exasperated TA and having the issue handed up through several layers of management, Seabourn finally agreed to re-issue the documents with the correct info printed on them at no charge. It was their error in the first place!