Does anyone know.........cigarettes

Strawberry field

This is something I never noticed on my first cruise holiday. Does P&O sell individual packs of cigarettes on board or is it just 200 packs? Also something tells me they only sell packs of 200 on the last day of the cruise is that correct? We are going to Norway which isn't in the EU if that helps

Thanks for any help :)

Last cruise I went on you could only buy cigarettes when the shop was open, it does not open on some cruises (when ship ONLY goes to EEC countries for the WHOLE cruise). Once you buy your 200 or 400 you pay with cruise card and have immediate possession. Not so for the alcoholic drinks which are only given to you last day. There is a wide selection of cigarettes and self rolling tobacco. Single packets are not available for purchase on board only from shops ashore at ports. A 10% local tax is payable if ships sell stuff while in certain ports which affects big item sales not so much if you need a disposable razor.

Regards John

Last cruise I went on you could only buy cigarettes when the shop was open, it does not open on some cruises (when ship ONLY goes to EEC countries for the whole cruise). Once you buy your 200 or 400 you pay with cruise card and have immediate possession. Not so for the alcoholic drinks which are only given to you last day. There is a wide selection of cigarettes and self rolling tobacco. Single packets are not available for purchase on board only from shops ashore at ports.

Regards John

Thanks John

That's answered my question perfectly. I can now see where I was thinking it was last day only. I was getting tobacco mixed up with alcohol 🙂

Thanks again

Years ago they sold cigarettes from some bars, I'm not sure if they still do. They weren't obvious, I think they were under the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks Florry, they didn't last year I know. In fact I struggled to get a packet of crisps and salted peanuts in Brodie's :)

Whilst buying them on ship still works out cheaper than home, we have usually found a better selection and price in ports too.

OP is going to Norway where the average price of a pack of Marlboros is not far short of £10...

Oh sorry my mistake, I didn't see Norway mentioned. Ignore my previous comments about buying them off the ship! Have a great cruise.

No worries. You were of course correct for a lot of destinations outside Scandiwegia.