Mystery Dinner on Radiance?

It's a campy presentation by some of the singers and dancers. It starts in one of the lounges with champagne and appetizers. Then you move to Giovannis.

The menu you is set, although there is a choice for the entree, Filet or Shrimp.

The wine flows freely and you choose red or white.

We have done it on both Explorer and Serenade. Lots of fun and many laughs.

Only you can decide if it is something you would like and if the cost is worth it.

We did this for the first time this spring on the Radiance. We had a number of sea days and it was a great way to spend an evening. The dinner was good and they can accommodate special dinning requirements if known in advance. Show was fun, and predictable, but lots of laughter and great people at our table. Plan on spending at least 3 hours from the start to finish.

I guess I will find out. My sister and I are booked from it on the Aug 5th south bound of Radiance. I was hoping it to be more detective work.

Seems to me someone said that there was no Mystery Theatre on the Alaska itineraries...

We did this on Radiance back in April. Mainly tried it to see what it was like. As others have said a bit campy or corny but fun. I would not do it again as the price is too high for what you get and it takes way too long. Over 4 1/2 hours.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We are doing the mystery dinner on Radiance on the Aug 5th cruise. It is $65 on Tues Aug 9th. That's the only night for it and says it's 6:30-8:30 pm. Look under Specialty Dinning to book.

Our reservation also stated 6:30-8:30 but it ran for close to 4 hours. Be prepared.

Thanks for the heads up Bill. Does RCCL have comedy clubs on board? I really enjoyed them on my Carnival cruise last year.

I know they have them on the Oasis class ships but not sure about any others.

Someone that knows, please speak up. :D

Thanks for the heads up Bill. Does RCCL have comedy clubs on board? I really enjoyed them on my Carnival cruise last year.

Royal does not have comedy clubs like Carnival.

As Bill mentioned, Oasis class does have a comedy venue, but they have the same two comedians doing largely the same material every show, so people generally go only once per cruise.

I guess I will find out. My sister and I are booked from it on the Aug 5th south bound of Radiance. I was hoping it to be more detective work.

Sorry that this isn't exactly about your question, but I just wanted to recommend that before you disembark from Seward to go Southbound, try halibut fish and chips from Thorn's Showcase Lounge in downtown Seward. It's a dicey little place, but the halibut is out of this world.

We did the southbound cruise 2 years in a row, and it would be a lie to say that the chance to have more fish and chips from Thorn's wasn't a major factor in that decision.