SS suite mini bar

wntgoislnds

Not much else can fit in the small refrigerator (you can get a bottle of wine to fit). You can determine what you would like in your suite by going to the RSSC.com (doesn't have to be capital letters - my computer insisted on it) website - go to My Account (you'll have to set this up if you haven't previously). There is a place where you can indicate on the "Butler Menu" which alcohol, soft drinks/mixers, munchies (fruit, chips, nuts, etc.) that you would like.

Not much else can fit in the small refrigerator (you can get a bottle of wine to fit). You can determine what you would like in your suite by going to the RSSC.com (doesn't have to be capital letters - my computer insisted on it) website - go to My Account (you'll have to set this up if you haven't previously). There is a place where you can indicate on the "Butler Menu" which alcohol, soft drinks/mixers, munchies (fruit, chips, nuts, etc.) that you would like.

On the Butler Request form, if one has a special request for a non-alcoholic beverage (such as a variety of soda), what is the best way to communicate that to Regent? I see a spot to enter Connoisseur beverages (alcohol), but no spot for free-form entry of non-alcoholic beverages.

Edited by RJ2002

On the Butler Request form, if one has a special request for a non-alcoholic beverage (such as a variety of soda), what is the best way to communicate that to Regent? I see a spot to enter Connoisseur beverages (alcohol), but no spot for free-form entry of non-alcoholic beverages.

We have always typed in our requests in whatever section is open (the Connoisseur section would work but as strange as it sounds, if you put it under bedding, it also works):) BTW, sodas are on the form - however, if you want to request something special, this had to be done a while* in advance of your cruise. Your TA can take care of that for you.

If the ship is sailing in Asia, the Middle East, South America, Africa, etc. the request may need to be made 90 days prior to boarding the ship.

I don't think I worded my question very well. What's the difference between in-suite mini bar replenished and personalized in-suite full-liquor bar set up. Are there bottles of alcohol in the in-suite mini bar? (actually, I know what a personalized in-suite full-liquor set up is but not what a mini bar replenished is.)

Thank you

Fridge will be stocked with beer, mixers and soft drinks of your choice

Also supplied will be bottles (not miniatures) of whatever spirits or wine you require

In advance of the cruise use the on-line Butler Request Form. If something you want is not listed, and you know it is normally stocked on Regent ships, just add a note in one of the free-form fields. If you require something not normally stocked then speak to the Regent office well in advance

When on-board just make your requests to your Butler. Also remember that there are good bars, with very helpful bartenders, around the ship

Enjoy your cruise..............and your drink selections :D

I don't think I worded my question very well. What's the difference between in-suite mini bar replenished and personalized in-suite full-liquor bar set up. Are there bottles of alcohol in the in-suite mini bar? (actually, I know what a personalized in-suite full-liquor set up is but not what a mini bar replenished is.)

Thank you

I think that you stated your question quite well. There is no such thing as a "full-liquor bar set up". You can pre-order two bottles of alcohol as your liquor set-up. And, separately but on the same form, you can pre-order beer, mixers, soda for your mini bar refrigerator (same as what you see in hotels).

The butler checks your mini-bar refrigerator daily and replenishes what has been used.

As I stated (and flossie009 repeated), you can pre-order items that Regent does not typically carry (check with your TA) in advance. How far in advance depends upon the ship's itinerary. Sometimes the ship does not stop in a port where they can get 7-up for instance (an item that is not typically carried by Regent).

There is no such thing as a "full-liquor bar set up".

The question from wntgoislnds was one that I too was about to ask as a result of the 'recategorisation of suites' thread in recent days.

On the RSSC website the details for the Explorer Suite (and above) clearly state "Personalized In-Suite Full-Liquor Bar Set-Up"

The inclusions for the SS1 Seven Seas Suite state "In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up & Refill"

So - the RSSC website is clearly showing two quite different descriptions for the in suite set ups, which I think is what wntgoislnds may be asking.

Can anyone kindly advise what these differences are ?

As we've booked a SS1 which is apparently due to be recategorised as an Explorer Suite I'm interested to learn if our in suite drinks offer is to be enhanced in any way.

Thank you so much.

The question from wntgoislnds was one that I too was about to ask as a result of the 'recategorisation of suites' thread in recent days.

On the RSSC website the details for the Explorer Suite (and above) clearly state "Personalized In-Suite Full-Liquor Bar Set-Up"

The inclusions for the SS1 Seven Seas Suite state "In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up & Refill"

So - the RSSC website is clearly showing two quite different descriptions for the in suite set ups, which I think is what wntgoislnds may be asking.

Can anyone kindly advise what these differences are ?

As we've booked a SS1 which is apparently due to be recategorised as an Explorer Suite I'm interested to learn if our in suite drinks offer is to be enhanced in any way.

Thank you so much.

I was wondering the same thing..On our most recent experience on Mariner in a Penthouse suite our Butler brought us whatever large bottles of whatever we requested

We have stayed in a F2 suite, a concierge suite and a Grand Suite. I did not see any discernable difference except that you pre-order alcohol online instead of requesting it once you get onboard. Perhaps we could have ordered more alcohol when we were in the Grand Suite but we do not typically drink in our suite (unless we have guests and then the butler will bring drinks for us).

The descriptions on the suites (at least on the Explorer) still need some work - they are not up to date and some that are being updated have some incorrect information.

Maybe someone else could give you a better explanation - to me it just seems like different ways of saying the same thing.

We have always typed in our requests in whatever section is open (the Connoisseur section would work but as strange as it sounds, if you put it under bedding, it also works):) BTW, sodas are on the form - however, if you want to request something special, this had to be done a while* in advance of your cruise. Your TA can take care of that for you.

If the ship is sailing in Asia, the Middle East, South America, Africa, etc. the request may need to be made 90 days prior to boarding the ship.

Travelcat,

Do these sections only open up at a certain point before the cruise or only on the higher level suites? I am a big fan of port but the selection was kind of lacking so I was considering asking for Warre's LBV.

~Jar

Travelcat,

Do these sections only open up at a certain point before the cruise or only on the higher level suites? I am a big fan of port but the selection was kind of lacking so I was considering asking for Warre's LBV.

~Jar

The butler menu is available to passengers in PH and above suites as soon as you are booked on the cruise. If you don't like the port selection, they also have the following at a cost (may have gone up in price - my list is a little over a year old):

Dow's Tawny 20 year old - $13.00

Taylor Fladgate Tawney 20 year old $13.00

You can certainly request Warre's LBV but there will likely be a charge for it. Check with your TA (hopefully you have one that regularly books Regent cruises) and they can make the request (or tell you what the cost will be) to have it onboard for your cruise!