Laundry - Wind

les37b

I've been asked if the onboard laundry facilities include an iron? Not looking to do lots of DIY washing and ironing - or paying for it to be done if we can help it! But unloading luggage - you often get unwanted creases that could do with a quick once over with an iron.

The wife suggested she wanted to take a travel iron - but hopefully there will be one she could use if it is needed.

Anyone know?

Cheers

There will be an iron and an ironing board, no need to take one.

Brilliant, thanks for that. I never looked when I've been on-board before - but was asked last night. Thought it would be the case though.

Cheers

As mentioned above, the laundry room has both an iron and ironing board, I think they are in a cupboard affixed to the wall. Once opened there is not much room to maneuver but enough to get the pressing done. On one of our expedition cruises I was surprised to find a young gentleman ironing his wife's Hermes scarf. Now that's a wonderful asset!

To the sunset,

Both my sons can iron and cook too! And one of them was Military Police, but he knew how to iron before that.

Thanks for your service!

But regrettably, daughter does not iron and is just now learning to cook something else besides crab cakes.

She's 40. :-)

Edited by spinnaker2

To the sunset,

Both my sons can iron and cook too! And one of them was Military Police, but he knew how to iron before that.

Thanks for your service!

But regrettably, daughter does not iron and is just now learning to cook something else besides crab cakes.

She's 40. :-)

It's ok - the wife can iron, so no worries with creased shirts! :D

PS when is your flight? Cant be long now! This time next week I'll be leaving the hotel for the port for lunch on board!

Edited by les37b

Les,

I live about 30 minutes away by car, from the port. No flying and no jet lag until we return from the two cruises.

Looking forward to not feeling exhausted and icky from being on a plane for hours and hours breathing recycled air. I will however, experience all that on the way back!

It's almost time to go!

Les,

I live about 30 minutes away by car, from the port. No flying and no jet lag until we return from the two cruises.

Looking forward to not feeling exhausted and icky from being on a plane for hours and hours breathing recycled air. I will however, experience all that on the way back!

It's almost time to go!

I'm most envious!

I wished I didn't need to fly.

Last week the wonderful French air traffic controllers striked cancelling 100s of flights.

They have planned to do it again tomorrow from 8am for 32 hours. On top of that, French truckers from Tomorrow have planned to blockade the channel ports in a dispute over pay. If they want to dispute their pay with their employers, fine - but this should be outlawed if their actions are affecting people going about their business. It should be a criminal offence to blockade ports. In days of old, I'm sure they would have hung them! lol

So. We have no idea if they are striking next week or when. Its possible to book a train that would get us there - leaving a day earlier - and adding nearly £500 to the bill, an extra day off work and a displaced car for our return journey.

Apparently its a great community this EU ! Out out out!

No. I think the greatest invention is the local laundry/dry cleaners! Well, almost!

Speaking of dry cleaning!! I know I should have taken a note.... What do they charge on board to dry clean and press a suit, trousers and dress? I suspect a fair chunk of our $350 spend will go on this!!

Edited by les37b

Dry cleaning is remarkably reasonable. Certainly less than at home in the UK. Cannot remember details but I was tempted to have several dresses and suits cleaned on board. Only resisted because the clothes were going into a suitcase and would have creased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dry cleaning is remarkably reasonable. Certainly less than at home in the UK. Cannot remember details but I was tempted to have several dresses and suits cleaned on board. Only resisted because the clothes were going into a suitcase and would have creased.

Thanks for that. I have to admit to being completely out of touch with cleaning costs in the UK to compare. I do remember thinking in June last year that it was expensive - but that was probably me just being a tight ass! lol Plus I was fortunate enough not to have any charges for the couple of things I did get cleaned because it was free in the suite I had. I'm not so fortunate this time! :p

I did just put in a google search - but it came back with Silversea having the highest dry cleaning charges on any cruise line!

Edited by les37b