Seattle Cruise Port - Carry-On Luggage

Jeter02

Are the x-ray machines large enough, where I can carry on my own luggage at the Seattle Cruise Port, and not check it in with the porter? I only ask, because I know Port Everglades is no problem, as I do it all the time. However when I embarked in Copenhagen, the x-ray machines were only big enough for a hand bag, therefore luggage had to be checked in with the porter. Thanks in advance.

It all depends on how wide your luggage is. The X-ray machines look to be about 18 - 20 inches wide and about 18 inches high. I wouldn't even think about trying to carry on my luggage because I'm pretty sure my luggage won't fit in the X-ray machine and it's to much of a hassle. Try it, if it doesn't fit all they can do is make you take it downstairs to the longshoremen and check it in

Are the x-ray machines large enough, where I can carry on my own luggage at the Seattle Cruise Port, and not check it in with the porter? I only ask, because I know Port Everglades is no problem, as I do it all the time. However when I embarked in Copenhagen, the x-ray machines were only big enough for a hand bag, therefore luggage had to be checked in with the porter. Thanks in advance.

We have taken our carry on luggage on in Seattle in both Bells and Smiths Cove and as I recall, they are the same size machines that exist at the airport.

A carry on with the dimensions of 24"x15"x10" will fit just fine ... anything bigger should be checked with the porter.

Perfect!!! I am a light packer, and my luggage is usually of carry on size. Thanks for your help :)

We have taken our carry on luggage on in Seattle in both Bells and Smiths Cove and as I recall, they are the same size machines that exist at the airport.

A carry on with the dimensions of 24"x15"x10" will fit just fine ... anything bigger should be checked with the porter.

Took years of practice. I literally keep a running checklist on my phone notes of things I "ACTUALLY" wear. I use to over pack, thinking, "How am I suppose to know what I am going to feel like wearing?" Later realizing, I never touched half the stuff. I got down to basics now. Plus when traveling by air, I will ONLY take a carry-on luggage, as I don;t like checking in baggage. 1. Afraid my luck it will get lost. 2.I don;t have the patience to wait at the luggage carousel.

I wish I was a light packer... My husband does too. ��

Took years of practice. I literally keep a running checklist on my phone notes of things I "ACTUALLY" wear. I use to over pack, thinking, "How am I suppose to know what I am going to feel like wearing?" Later realizing, I never touched half the stuff. I got down to basics now. Plus when traveling by air, I will ONLY take a carry-on luggage, as I don;t like checking in baggage. 1. Afraid my luck it will get lost. 2.I don;t have the patience to wait at the luggage carousel.

A checklist on my phone is a really great idea!

• 2 weeks later...

Never had a problem at Seattle (Pier 91) or Vancouver BC (Canada Place) carrying on our own luggage. Our last several cruises my wife and I each take a 26"x17"x10" bag each. Over the years we have really cut back on the items we "really" need on a cruise. We can be unpacked and still have plenty of time for lunch in the MDR. :D

There is no need nor requirement for you to check bags with a porter. The size of the bag will determine whether it will be hand carryable or must be checked in.

Tom