Luminae

cruiseluvva

Sandy and Steve,

Hi. Glad to hear you had another great cruise on the Refelection. We will be on the Equinox March 4. Just a CC cabin this time so MDR. Will certainly miss the food, service and venue of Luminae!

Vicky

So glad you had wines you enjoyed...I know you had expressed concern about this on another post.

Although stocks vary between ships any you think we should look out for?

We enjoyed the Chateauneuf du Pape and Chablis Premier Cru - but, then, we are boring and stick with what we know. The Chateauneuf du Pape was also available on Millennium in April/May last year.

We were on the Millennium from end Jan to 5th Feb. Service was not bad, but it was not great.

The team had so much to offer IMHO, they just did not have the right guy to pull it together. That was my overall impression.

As I say, it would not put me off booking another suite and hope they get their act together.

That is really too bad. We were on the Millie Oct/Nov and the service in Luminae was fantastic, the Maitre'd excellent. Unfortunately for you he went on vacation on the last day of our cruise so obviously the replacement was not of the same caliber.

Edited by 1982CruzStart

So glad you had wines you enjoyed...I know you had expressed concern about this on another post.

Although stocks vary between ships any you think we should look out for?

There was a very drinkable Medoc (Bordeaux, French red) on the Millennium the other week. It must have in the premium drink package as I never got a bill for it. I tried quite a few of the different wine by the glass and this one hit the right spot for me.

The Kendall Jackson Pinot seemed to be the next best option (for my taste) outside of the restaurant lists for red wine. I always stuck to a New Zealand S/Blanc for white and they were perfectly fine as well.

I actually assumed we would be buying a bottle per night with dinner but ended up buying none as the free by the glass wines (on a package) were fine and very drinkable.

That is really too bad. We were on the Millie Oct/Nov and the service in Luminae was fantastic, the Maitre'd excellent. Unfortunately for you he went on vacation on the last day of our cruise so obviously the replacement was not of the same caliber.

If I ever needed an excuse to make a booking, there it is. My provisional plan for a November cruise needs to be finalised, just to see how much better it can get with the right guy at the helm of Luminae on the Millennium. :D