Carnival Breeze or Liberty of the Seas for a 40ish Couple?

Cruzgal31

Ok all you cruise people. I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Carnival Breeze based on all the reviews I see about Carnival's constant fights, low class people, long lines for everything and crowded pools, basically "Walmart of the seas" type of stuff. Having never cruised before, I'm wondering for us two adults should we switch to the Royal Carribean Liberty of the Seas? Anyone done both? It's more expensive, but not incredibly so with deals happening and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to have a more relaxing vacation vs a potential "party" ship. We are embarking out of Galveston, or I would choose Celebrity as I love what I see if their stuff online.

We don't drink, so that's not even a consideration for us btw-looking for relaxing, good ports, low key type of experience. I've liked what I've seen online of the Breeze, but am just not sure since we've never cruised before. This RCC I'm looking at goes to Cozumel, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth, Jamaica. The Breeze is going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. Appreciate the help!

Ok all you cruise people. I'm starting to have second thoughts about the Carnival Breeze based on all the reviews I see about Carnival's constant fights, low class people, long lines for everything and crowded pools, basically "Walmart of the seas" type of stuff. Having never cruised before, I'm wondering for us two adults should we switch to the Royal Carribean Liberty of the Seas? Anyone done both? It's more expensive, but not incredibly so with deals happening and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to have a more relaxing vacation vs a potential "party" ship. We are embarking out of Galveston, or I would choose Celebrity as I love what I see if their stuff online.

We don't drink, so that's not even a consideration for us btw-looking for relaxing, good ports, low key type of experience. I've liked what I've seen online of the Breeze, but am just not sure since we've never cruised before. This RCC I'm looking at goes to Cozumel, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and Falmouth, Jamaica. The Breeze is going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. Appreciate the help!

I answered in your other thread but one more thing came to mind. Both ships carry about the same amount of people (Breeze about 60 people more than LOS) but Liberty of the Seas is about 25,000 gross tons bigger. Just a statement on crowding. ;)

I would prefer RCCL over Carnival....but I would change just for the itinerary. Nassau and Freeport...ugh. The other itinerary is much better. :cool::cool::cool:

Agree - if for no other reason I would go with RCI based just on the itinerary, which IMO as well is far better.