Dining Schedule on Yachtsman's Caribbean

maxmtex

My wife and I will take our first Windstar cruise on Windsurf on January 16, from Philipsburg. We hope to try each dining venue at least once, and are wondering which nights we should attmept to schedule for Candles and for Stella's Bistro? Also, I have read of a wonderful on-deck BBQ, which we would want to attend.

We are looking forward to the smaller ship and the smaller islands, and hope to slow things down after 25 years of mainstream cruising. Thanks in advance for any suggestions for dining planning.

My wife and I will take our first Windstar cruise on Windsurf on January 16, from Philipsburg. We hope to try each dining venue at least once, and are wondering which nights we should attmept to schedule for Candles and for Stella's Bistro? Also, I have read of a wonderful on-deck BBQ, which we would want to attend.

We are looking forward to the smaller ship and the smaller islands, and hope to slow things down after 25 years of mainstream cruising. Thanks in advance for any suggestions for dining planning.

Other than avoiding the BBQ night, I don't think it especially matters. We avoid the first night for Candles/Stella for reasons I can't explain, and also the last night since odds are higher that we'll have met someone (or multiple people) we want to dine with by then.

Typically you booked your "reservations" for those venues when you arrive on the ship. But you can change them too if you decide to dine with new friends at a different location. On our Panama Canal cruise I had booked Candles for New Years Eve but when I realized the dining room had special things planned we changed it without a problem.

If you can choose an evening where the ship is anchored somewhere, it can help - no wind :)

For reason mention above (meeting new people during the week), we chose the first night (St-Maarten) to do Candles. Very nice but it was windy.

dandee2

If you can choose an evening where the ship is anchored somewhere, it can help - no wind :)

For reason mention above (meeting new people during the week), we chose the first night (St-Maarten) to do Candles. Very nice but it was windy.

dandee2

Or a late sailaway. Candles would be great when leaving port.

Good point about te wind. Though I don't think it would bother me, I am certain my wife would not like too much breeze. I will look at the departure times and see if we can do Candles while anchored - and avoid the BBQ. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Don't avoid the barbecue it s wonderful and beautiful. Great fun and delicious food. You will miss out. It is a delicious, generous, beautiful evening. Happy Sailing Susanne

I expressed that poorly. We will plan Candles to NOT conflict with the BBQ. Everything I have seen says that the BBQ is a great meal.

I'm pretty sure all other dining venues are closed the night of the BBQ anyway (not sure about room service). and they won't let you make reservations for the night of the BBQ.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Candles on any night ship is anchored in a port is wonderful. If your last night is St. Barts it's beautiful to sit out on the deck and see the lights of the island. Magic! Nights that ship is underway it can get a little windy. Have fun. We've done that sail the last 2 years and loved it both times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Candles on any night ship is anchored in a port is wonderful. If your last night is St. Barts it's beautiful to sit out on the deck and see the lights of the island. Magic! Nights that ship is underway it can get a little windy. Have fun. We've done that sail the last 2 years and loved it both times.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Magic sounds pretty good to us. We will shoot for Candles while at St. Barts, around sunset. Thanks!

maxmtex