Departing on Westerdam tomorrow

BobNY

Yes ... but since you are at pier 21 it is a short walk if you want to park first. See MAP

The port has a warning posted today:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Traffic alert – expect delays february 5 & 6

Port users and cruise guests may experience traffic delays on Friday, February 5, and Saturday, February 6 due to the estimated 4,200 attendees for the Pri-Med Annual Conference at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.

Peak traffic hours are expected between 7 and 11 AM entering the Convention Center and again starting at 2 PM exiting the Northport Garage. Motorist may experience traffic delays on Southeast 17th Street eastbound and westbound, and entering Northport Garage from Eisenhower Blv.

Edited by jtl513

Can one drive directly to where the porters are stationed to drop off DW and luggage? Then drive to the Midport parking?

If not, what is the procedure for getting all the luggage from garage to terminal?

Google maps says it's a 2 minute, 0.1 mile walk from Midport to Terminal 21.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/26.0851767,-80.1156787/Terminal+21,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316/@26.0859607,-80.1177145,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9000c3d4a2e0b:0x24145bb667014bff!2m2!1d-80.1157267!2d26.0867262

I always drop DW off with the luggage. A porter has always been right there to take the bags. DW and I agree on a spot to meet outside the terminal building and I then park the car. We've never had a problem with this routine.

Can one drive directly to where the porters are stationed to drop off DW and luggage? Then drive to the Midport parking?

If not, what is the procedure for getting all the luggage from garage to terminal?

Yes. Drop the luggage and any passengers, then park and return. Perfect plan.

Yes ... but since you are at pier 21 it is a short walk if you want to park first. See MAP

The port has a warning posted today:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Traffic alert – expect delays february 5 & 6

Port users and cruise guests may experience traffic delays on Friday, February 5, and Saturday, February 6 due to the estimated 4,200 attendees for the Pri-Med Annual Conference at the Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center.

Peak traffic hours are expected between 7 and 11 AM entering the Convention Center and again starting at 2 PM exiting the Northport Garage. Motorist may experience traffic delays on Southeast 17th Street eastbound and westbound, and entering Northport Garage from Eisenhower Blv.

Jtl513 - Thanks for the info; I am on the same cruise. I used to park pier-side but now actually find off-site cruise ship parking more convenient in addition to being substantially less costly. You park your car, the driver places your luggage on the shuttle and drives you directly to the ship where the luggage is dropped off. On return, you don't have the hassle of toting your luggage and hundreds of cars trying to exit the garage almost at the same time.

Jtl513 - Thanks for the info; I am on the same cruise. I used to park pier-side but now actually find off-site cruise ship parking more convenient in addition to being substantially less costly.
Ditto. We haven't parked in the garage for the last 7 years or so.

Edited by jtl513