Mariner of the Seas From Singapore 10/22/15- Complete Picture Review!

gapearl

Thank you for reading! I also didn't know how pretty and green Hong Kong is. I definitely would like to go back for another couple of days the next time I travel to Asia. I did post the link on the Carvival board, and quite a few people have ventured over here. :)

Well I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving and my review! LOL I would love to live in Miami to be right there at the ships. I wonder if I would book those little 3 day cruises the day before, just because. Europe will be so pretty to visit in the summer. You should consider booking one soon. :)

Thanks so much! I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving! I booked the Breeze this summer 2 days before sailing. I also booked a 3 day cruise on Labor Day weekend. I had never seen such a crowd. It was full of nasty drunks. They were super rude to the crew members, and many were fighting with the bartenders because they had reached their 15 drink limit. I will never again sail on a 3 day cruise. I will stick to the 4,5, and 7 day cruises out of Miami.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm a Carnival Cruiser, so I look at your reviews all the time. It was nice to see what Royal Caribbean looks like. But really what an Asian cruise looks like. I'm not nearly as adventurous as you! So, it's nice to be an armchair tourist [emoji5]️. You should really look into doing this professionally. I could see you being the next Samantha Brown. Really great review and thank you so much for putting in the time to do this!!!

Hey Trix! Why don't your friends want to do an Asian cruise? Maybe they need to read this. :p At least you know you can do it solo if you have to. I think some of the cruises from China have stops in Japan, so you should check those out.

Hi there! Honestly I think my friends are afraid of the unfamiliar. I on the other hand am fascinated by it, that's why I want to see everywhere in the world. I think I'll print out your review and leave it lying around at work. :D

Trix

Thanks so much! I hope that you had a great Thanksgiving! I booked the Breeze this summer 2 days before sailing. I also booked a 3 day cruise on Labor Day weekend. I had never seen such a crowd. It was full of nasty drunks. They were super rude to the crew members, and many were fighting with the bartenders because they had reached their 15 drink limit. I will never again sail on a 3 day cruise. I will stick to the 4,5, and 7 day cruises out of Miami.

Oh wow that stinks about the 3 day! I've only been on a couple but it was nothing like what encountered. I guess the holiday brought out a lot of inexperienced, rowdy travelers.

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm a Carnival Cruiser, so I look at your reviews all the time. It was nice to see what Royal Caribbean looks like. But really what an Asian cruise looks like. I'm not nearly as adventurous as you! So, it's nice to be an armchair tourist [emoji5]️. You should really look into doing this professionally. I could see you being the next Samantha Brown. Really great review and thank you so much for putting in the time to do this!!!

Thanks for the kind words. It would be cool to figure out a way to do this and get paid for it, but in the meantime I'm happy to bring my travel stories to the masses for free. :)

Hi there! Honestly I think my friends are afraid of the unfamiliar. I on the other hand am fascinated by it, that's why I want to see everywhere in the world. I think I'll print out your review and leave it lying around at work. :D

Trix

It's normal to be afraid of the unfamiliar, but that's when you have to challenge yourself to get out of your comfort zone. Let me know later if my review works on them. :)

Another great review. Thank you for taking the time to write and share it along with your beautiful pictures!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed the 2 billion pictures I took.

The ships in the photo is Star Cruise Lines Superstar Virgo and Star Pisces. Considered to be the leading cruise line in Asia-Pacific.

Thanks for a great review. I know how much work goes into posting a review like this. I really enjoyed reading it. :)

Thanks for the info! I've never heard of them. I don't plan on doing another Asia cruise soon, but I'm going to look them up just to see what they offer. It does indeed take a LOT of work and time to put a review together, so I appreciate you and others acknowledging that.

Well, I arrived super late to this party! Kim, I've read all of your wonderful reviews and this one was equally as amazing. Asia is on my list to do at some point, and thanks for taking us on the journey with you!

Better late than never! I'm glad you enjoyed reading and hope you're able to have a fabulous trip to Asia yourself one day.

Thank you for such an entertaining review. I could have the opportunity to go to Singapore on business in 2017. Your review and pictures are making me definitely think about adding on a family cruise. It would be a great learning opportunity for my then 17 year old DS. I’ve always enjoyed reading your reviews. Your cornbread story still cracks me up. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. All the best!

Popped over from the Carnival board because I heard you had a thread over here, and I was so pleased to find it was an Asian cruise you went on! This trip is easily the dream cruise for my husband and I. I'm only about halfway through, but loving every bit of this and living vicariously through your trip. Someday.....

Excellent details as always, and your pictures are amazing. Thank you for the time and effort to put this together.

Great review, pictures, and details. I really enjoyed reading about the Asian ports and your pre-stay in Singapore (and post stay in HK). We are trying to determine our 2017 and 2018 travel "goals" and Asia has been in the mix so this was great timing. I can't believe I just saw this review today. It has taken me most of a day to read through all of it, but it was well worth it. Thanks again!

Hey hey Kim. As everyone is saying, another awesome review. Your trips rock! :)

I found a new show I like on PBS, "I'll have what Phil's having." Its a quirky travel show and the host is the creator of the show Everyone Loves Raymond. (His wife played Amy on the show too.) You should check it out, he just visited Hong Kong.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/what-phils-having/

GREAT JOB!!! Although I presently have no desire to go to Asia, that may change in the future and I hope I can find your review for guidance. I admire your bravery to see the world solo, because I am 100% certain I could not. :o Thank you for sharing your experiences.

BTW, I am from Savannah (born and raised) and like you, I DO NOT like tea.

Thank you for another awesome review!

You're welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reading!

Thank you for such an entertaining review. I could have the opportunity to go to Singapore on business in 2017. Your review and pictures are making me definitely think about adding on a family cruise. It would be a great learning opportunity for my then 17 year old DS. I’ve always enjoyed reading your reviews. Your cornbread story still cracks me up. Thanks for taking the time to share your journey. All the best!

If you're traveling that far, you might as well take advantage of being in the area as much as you can. I hope you have the opportunity to take your family. There are some shorter 4-5 day cruises in addition to the 7 day. Your son's eyes will definitely be opened to how other people live and I agree, it will be a great learning opportunity for him. Thanks for reading! I'm sure my next review back on Carnival will have more cornbread drama. :p

Popped over from the Carnival board because I heard you had a thread over here, and I was so pleased to find it was an Asian cruise you went on! This trip is easily the dream cruise for my husband and I. I'm only about halfway through, but loving every bit of this and living vicariously through your trip. Someday.....

Excellent details as always, and your pictures are amazing. Thank you for the time and effort to put this together.

Thank you for reading! This cruise was a trip of a lifetime. I hope you and your husband have the opportunity to take it as well one day.

Great review, pictures, and details. I really enjoyed reading about the Asian ports and your pre-stay in Singapore (and post stay in HK). We are trying to determine our 2017 and 2018 travel "goals" and Asia has been in the mix so this was great timing. I can't believe I just saw this review today. It has taken me most of a day to read through all of it, but it was well worth it. Thanks again!

Thanks for coming by to read! I try to write my reviews with as many details as possible to be helpful to you guys. Where in Asia are you wanting to visit? Are you thinking more of a land trip, cruise, or both like what I did? At least you're starting to plan early. I spent months planning this trip just for me, so it will definitely take some time to plan a trip like this for a family.

Hey hey Kim. As everyone is saying, another awesome review. Your trips rock! :)

I found a new show I like on PBS, "I'll have what Phil's having." Its a quirky travel show and the host is the creator of the show Everyone Loves Raymond. (His wife played Amy on the show too.) You should check it out, he just visited Hong Kong.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/what-phils-having/

Thanks so much for reading again! That looks like a cool show that I'll have to check out. I enjoy watching different travel shows so this might have to be added to the list.

GREAT JOB!!! Although I presently have no desire to go to Asia, that may change in the future and I hope I can find your review for guidance. I admire your bravery to see the world solo, because I am 100% certain I could not. :o Thank you for sharing your experiences.

BTW, I am from Savannah (born and raised) and like you, I DO NOT like tea.

I can't believe that as long as I've lived in Atlanta, I have never taken the journey down to Savannah. :eek: I'll have to do that next spring for sure. You never know, your travel bucket list could change in the future. So many people here in the review as well as coworkers in person have told me how brave I am to travel alone. I've never thought of myself as that for traveling solo, so I definitely take that as a compliment. I have more solo trips in the works for the future. Hopefully I can inspire those women out there scared to travel solo to just go for it. :)

same here great review:cool:

Thanks Darth! :D

Thanks Kim..now I miss the Mariner and may book a trip with her prior our Ovation trip. :)

Go for it! :) You booking the Mariner is the equivalent of us over here booking spontaneous Bahamas cruises. lol

Kim,

A wonderful review and trip blog. The pictures, i am sure, did not do justice to the live experience, but they were some fantastic PICS! I appreciated your open-mindedness to all of your experiences and I am pretty jealous that you get to take enough time off to do a long trip like this.

Thanks for taking the time and devoting all the effort to this great review.

Hey Kim, I was wondering. How do you quote more than one post in a post? It gets annoying in reviews trying to respond to people but having to start a new post every time.

Thanks so much! Haven't gotten caught up as I just got home from Splendor a few days ago and started my review, but I hope to soon!:D

Kim, thanks for a fabulous review. I'm booked on Mariner at the end of January for their itinerary that goes to Bangkok and Vietnam but I loved the posts and photos of the ship (and I am in a Promenade view as well so great to see actual photos). Out very first cruise on Star cruises (Superstar Virgo) visited the ports you did so it was good to see them again. BTW I think they are Star cruise ships in the photo in HKK as they dock there frequently.