Port To MCO

DTEN11

I am arriving at Port Canavral from the Disney Dream catching a 4:00 flight at MCO. If I rent a car is there enough time to do any thing on the way to the air port with my 4 YO grandson? I don't want to be rushed but also don't want him to be stuck at the airport for too long!

Thank you!

You'll want to be back at the airport a minimum of 2 hours before flight time, and 3 hours is actually safer. SO, you basically have from 9-1 to do something.

You can choose to rent a car and do something like going to Downtown Disney (parking is readily available and no charge there). Alternatively, you can get a day room at the Hyatt MCO. Price is right at $100 including taxes and you can swim, nap, whatever for the day and go down to the airport when it is appropriate to your flight time.

Obviously there are restaurants with kiddie land an things like that in the areas as well. I don't think it is worth a park admission for just a few hours.

Edited by moki'smommy

Actually there are no day rooms available at Hyatt MCO and not sure Downtown Disney the right option for us so was considering Budget car rental and Airboat Rides at Midway.

Any body done this before airport?

My concern with the air boat stop on the way to the airport is the weather! Will we get too hot and sweaty June 20 ? I know we can't predict the weather but is it a bad idea for that reason?

what 4 yo doesn't like dinosaurs?

http://www.dinosaurstore.com/adventurezone.htm

the bad thing about Downtown Disney ... well there are two:

1) you actually go past the airport to get to Disney so the travel minutes add up ...

2) due to ongoing construction at DownTown Disney (it is being re-themed) parking is a HUGE mess . . .

concern about getting sweaty on an airboat b4 your flight is valid IMO ... June is HOT!

Brevard zoo is not too out of the way and has a kiddie pool area . . .

(I presume you called the airport hotel about day rooms? 'cuz I routinely see signs in the airport saying "come on in, we have day rooms available")

Edited by Capt_BJ

what 4 yo doesn't like dinosaurs?

http://www.dinosaurstore.com/adventurezone.htm

(I presume you called the airport hotel about day rooms? 'cuz I routinely see signs in the airport saying "come on in, we have day rooms available")

I had called the airport hotel directly and they said no rooms were available however booked it no problem using the website Between 9 to 5.

Dino Store was a great choice tho! Thanks so much!

You can also pre-book day rooms through the between nine and five web site. Sometimes calling does not work because the hotels do not like to pre-book these rooms.

I'd never heard of this web site. When i called the hotel they said no day rooms available but it took 2 minutes to book one on the Between 9 and 5 website!

Great tip!

• 5 weeks later...

My concern with the airboats is the noise level for a 4 year old. An adult friend suffered hearing loss even though he wore the ear head gear given on the tour. Have you considered Kennedy Space Center? We took our grandson when he was 3.5 and he had a wonderful time in the play areas. This would give him plenty of time to run around before getting to the airport.