Spirit FLL to Lisbon Crossing

englishusa

Departed Fort Lauderdale with smooth seas. So far good weather. New cruise director in Moss Hills, ( at least new to me). Flavio still Hotel Director.

Captain Mino Pontillo. Two days at sea and then Hamilton Bermuda. Normal formal dinner menu last night. Foie gras, Lobster, Beef Wellington, etc.

New singing group "Voices of Silver Seas" had a "British Pop and Rock legends" concert.

Enjoy your time aboard. When we disembarked Monday we were told that the ship was not full.

We enjoyed the wonderful service and the fact that the venues were slightly less crowded. The pool deck was packed the first few days, but then after a lot of sun burns, not so packed.

What was your impression of the new voices of silversea?

The audience loved them on our cruise, although my DH found them to be amateurish and lacking talent compared to the prior group.

Will also be intrigued to hear about your comments on the CD.

I hope your Voices are better than ours. The mini opera show was ok, but the British pop show was average to bad. The worst moment was one of the singers appearing in a very long brown coat and a flat cap and looking like a flasher from a Benny Hill show.

Have a good crossing.

Also on this cruise. Concur with the OP's observations.

The CD, Moss Hills, is something of a folkloric figure in the cruise community following his and his wife's heroic actions during an incident at sea some years ago. Google is your friend here.

He is also a gifted musician - we can recommend his one man show (which he promises me he will be performing this voyage). Definitely not to be missed.

There are around 340 passengers on board giving an embarrassingly high crew/guest ratio and, as ever, the welcome and the service have been warm and efficient. Dead flat calm sea, glorious sunshine and 25 degrees although starting to cool from tomorrow with the chance of rain. In anticipation it seems that many guests are disporting themselves on the sun deck but it has not felt in the slightest crowded.

The ship seems to be in good condition but we have not made an effort to find anything to moan about - perhaps we are a little colour-blind to minor blemishes? We also rather like the artwork around the ship; it is both tasteful and in keeping, we feel, with the ship's ambience.

Many of the crew have served us on previous voyages and such kind welcomes on our return have elevated our feeling of wellbeing. Without wishing to sound too gushing, there really is something of a family feel. Of particular note are Moss, Karolina the head sommelier and Carl Vlaeminck the Cruise Consultant but that is to overlook those cheerful crew members who have displayed genuine (we hope) delight in welcoming us back.

So, 2 days in and another 10 to go all but 3 of which are sea days. Does life get any better? I think not!

Edited by Tothesunset