First impressions of QM2 refit

old fool

Kings court -- very nice with new look and traffic flow. I do miss the trays but that's personal opinion.

Carpets -- different look but no real improvement other than new. The passage way carpet looks a bit odd and lopsided but no big deal.

The carpets in the Britannia staterooms are another story -- much to light colored which means that VERY soon they will be covered with blotches and stains.

The decor in the room is quite nice -- the TV is now on the wall where it should be.

I have no use for the coffee pot thing - it just takes up valuable desk space. (It slides under the night stand easily)

The real mystery is who on earth came up with the drawer and cabinet pulls !!! You can not get a grip on them and if you do they have such sharp edges you feel that you will be cut or worse -- such a detail but wait until you try them -- just plain nuts.

The Corinthian Lounge which replaced the winter garden is quite nice and inviting. The old winter garden was more a home for the winged monkeys from the Wizard of Oz.

The Godiva chocolate room is a mystery to me -- I think it will be a very unused space -- better to have expanded the Golden Lion which is always busy at lunch.

Canyon Ranch needs a real touch up -- just a lot of details that simply do not measure up and in the end hurt the Canyon Ranch brand worldwide. This is serious for them and should be addressed at management level.

More later???

The Godiva chocolate room is a mystery to me -- I think it will be a very unused space -- better to have expanded the Golden Lion which is always busy at lunch.

Canyon Ranch needs a real touch up -- just a lot of details that simply do not measure up and in the end hurt the Canyon Ranch brand worldwide. This is serious for them and should be addressed at management level.

Since Godiva took over Sir Samuels, there is no longer biscotti and iced water served with coffee and you don't get the free pastries any more. If you want a slice of chocolate cake, it is $4.95 and an ice cream cone is $3.95. And if you buy chocolates from the chocolate counter, you are charged a 15% service charge.

Todd English is no more. it is now the Verandah.

The Canyon Ranch Spa was not intended to be part of the remastering during 2016, this is still a work in progress and is scheduled to continue into 2017. The only area that has seen a refresh is the front desk area and some mechanical work behind the scenes.

No biscotti and iced water in Sir Samuel's :( Is there anywhere on board where you do get these with your coffee?

Well you can still purchase a speciality coffee or Tea in the Carinthia Lounge and just a few steps away you can help your self to all sorts of mini bites (savoury or sweet) including some very fattening cream filled Chocolate Eclairs.

I was wondering about it too when I used it as the showers next to the saunas didn't seem to work properly. Otherwise the Spa was in a good condition.

As a Northern European I always feel a bit odd having to use the saunas and steam room with bathing gear on, as it's considered to be quite unhygienic here ;-)

The Canyon Ranch Spa was not intended to be part of the remastering during 2016, this is still a work in progress and is scheduled to continue into 2017. The only area that has seen a refresh is the front desk area and some mechanical work behind the scenes.