My NCL Email

While I am not a frequent poster, I am a lurker mostly around the time of our cruise travels while doing due diligence for our trip. I thank all you all for all of the valuable information and resources that I have gathered here over the years.

My recent research led me to write the following email to NCL and I thought I would share with them some of the disappointment that my family and I are feeling regarding the changes and the way that they were handled. We are pretty new to the NCL brand and starting sailing with them as a result of the partnership that they have with Caesar’s Entertainment. We love to travel in general, so some of my observations and concerns of the changes are colored in the lenses of all of the type of vacations that we plan.

My post is not to complain, but just one person who did decide to make contact with the company directly.

Thanks for listening…

As a recent convert to NCL's cruising product, I am writing to register my concerns with all of the changes and lack of formal notification of the changes that are taking place on you cruise ships. My family and I switched to sailing with your line from others and thought we had found a product that we were happy with and felt had value. We enjoy cruising and the ease and feeling of being on "vacation" when we travel, but it now appears that the product that we bought into is no longer the same product that we once found enticing.

While cruising in general is one of our favorite vacation past times, we do enjoy other vacation options. Right now I feel that all of the organizations' changes will be taking the intrinsic ease and enjoyment of our traveling with your brand. It surely feels and appears as though my family and I no longer fit into the demographic of cruisers that you are seeking for the "New" business model and direction that the company is taking. As customers, we like to at least be given the impression of valued guest and customers and not just a margin on your bottom line. While it is true that we are a "Captured Audience", I don't like being treated like a hostage, but a valued guest.

I write this note again to register my family’s opposition to the recent changes mostly in direct response to the recent investor’s call where your new CEO stated that he has not had any complaints .Make no mistake that this is indeed a complaint. Not that I believe it will matter, but I hope that he hears this is one direct complaint regarding the changes and I hope that company sees it personally as I was personally offended by the CEO's remarks. Rest assured, my family and I are listening, waiting and learning each and every day with regards to where our next disposable dollar will be spent and whether your brand works with our bottom line.

Regards,

While I am not a frequent poster, I am a lurker mostly around the time of our cruise travels while doing due diligence for our trip. I thank all you all for all of the valuable information and resources that I have gathered here over the years.

My recent research led me to write the following email to NCL and I thought I would share with them some of the disappointment that my family and I are feeling regarding the changes and the way that they were handled. We are pretty new to the NCL brand and starting sailing with them as a result of the partnership that they have with Caesar’s Entertainment. We love to travel in general, so some of my observations and concerns of the changes are colored in the lenses of all of the type of vacations that we plan.

My post is not to complain, but just one person who did decide to make contact with the company directly.

Thanks for listening…

As a recent convert to NCL's cruising product, I am writing to register my concerns with all of the changes and lack of formal notification of the changes that are taking place on you cruise ships. My family and I switched to sailing with your line from others and thought we had found a product that we were happy with and felt had value. We enjoy cruising and the ease and feeling of being on "vacation" when we travel, but it now appears that the product that we bought into is no longer the same product that we once found enticing.

While cruising in general is one of our favorite vacation past times, we do enjoy other vacation options. Right now I feel that all of the organizations' changes will be taking the intrinsic ease and enjoyment of our traveling with your brand. It surely feels and appears as though my family and I no longer fit into the demographic of cruisers that you are seeking for the "New" business model and direction that the company is taking. As customers, we like to at least be given the impression of valued guest and customers and not just a margin on your bottom line. While it is true that we are a "Captured Audience", I don't like being treated like a hostage, but a valued guest.

I write this note again to register my family’s opposition to the recent changes mostly in direct response to the recent investor’s call where your new CEO stated that he has not had any complaints .Make no mistake that this is indeed a complaint. Not that I believe it will matter, but I hope that he hears this is one direct complaint regarding the changes and I hope that company sees it personally as I was personally offended by the CEO's remarks. Rest assured, my family and I are listening, waiting and learning each and every day with regards to where our next disposable dollar will be spent and whether your brand works with our bottom line.

Regards,

Have you received a reply other than an automated response?

while i am not a frequent poster, i am a lurker mostly around the time of our cruise travels while doing due diligence for our trip. I thank all you all for all of the valuable information and resources that i have gathered here over the years.

My recent research led me to write the following email to ncl and i thought i would share with them some of the disappointment that my family and i are feeling regarding the changes and the way that they were handled. We are pretty new to the ncl brand and starting sailing with them as a result of the partnership that they have with caesar’s entertainment. We love to travel in general, so some of my observations and concerns of the changes are colored in the lenses of all of the type of vacations that we plan.

Thanks for listening…

as a recent convert to ncl's cruising product, i am writing to register my concerns with all of the changes and lack of formal notification of the changes that are taking place on you cruise ships. My family and i switched to sailing with your line from others and thought we had found a product that we were happy with and felt had value. We enjoy cruising and the ease and feeling of being on "vacation" when we travel, but it now appears that the product that we bought into is no longer the same product that we once found enticing.

While cruising in general is one of our favorite vacation past times, we do enjoy other vacation options. Right now i feel that all of the organizations' changes will be taking the intrinsic ease and enjoyment of our traveling with your brand. It surely feels and appears as though my family and i no longer fit into the demographic of cruisers that you are seeking for the "new" business model and direction that the company is taking. As customers, we like to at least be given the impression of valued guest and customers and not just a margin on your bottom line. While it is true that we are a "captured audience", i don't like being treated like a hostage, but a valued guest.

I write this note again to register my family’s opposition to the recent changes mostly in direct response to the recent investor’s call where your new ceo stated that he has not had any complaints .make no mistake that this is indeed a complaint. Not that i believe it will matter, but i hope that he hears this is one direct complaint regarding the changes and i hope that company sees it personally as i was personally offended by the ceo's remarks. Rest assured, my family and i are listening, waiting and learning each and every day with regards to where our next disposable dollar will be spent and whether your brand works with our bottom line.

Regards,

Well written, thanks for sharing. FDR practically begged for responses like this when he ridiculously claimed that there have been no complaints, so I'm glad people are writing to NCL.

Very well said. Please post back when you get a response.

I also wrote an email as well as called. I did get a personal response, however it was very generic in nature ``keeping ship clean, upgraded service...`` no real acknowledgement of how upsetting is it to have purchased a product and have had such major changes that definately impact our perception of the cruise we purchased. To my knowledge, there are no other lines that have policies that come close to this. Even more infuriating is looking at the NCL website to see that room service is still listed as ``complimentary dining`` and enjoying leasurely dining in cabin is encouraged as a family option.`

I hate to be such a complainer... I just can`t get over how badly this is being handled.

I also sent out a lengthy email this morning stressing our dissatisfaction over the recent changes and asking them to find amicable solutions. I sent them to the following three email addresses:

Andy Stuart, President: AStuart@NCL.com

Social Media: Socialmedia@NCL.com

Public Relations: Publicrelations@NCL.com

I will post whatever responses I receive, automated or not.

I also sent out a lengthy email this morning stressing our dissatisfaction over the recent changes and asking them to find amicable solutions. I sent them to the following three email addresses:

Andy Stuart, President: AStuart@NCL.com

Social Media: Socialmedia@NCL.com

Public Relations: Publicrelations@NCL.com

I will post whatever responses I receive, automated or not.

Thanks for the additional addresses. I will copy my original as well to those addresses.

Very well said. Please post back when you get a response.

I also wrote an email as well as called. I did get a personal response, however it was very generic in nature ``keeping ship clean, upgraded service...`` no real acknowledgement of how upsetting is it to have purchased a product and have had such major changes that definately impact our perception of the cruise we purchased. To my knowledge, there are no other lines that have policies that come close to this. Even more infuriating is looking at the NCL website to see that room service is still listed as ``complimentary dining`` and enjoying leasurely dining in cabin is encouraged as a family option.`

I hate to be such a complainer... I just can`t get over how badly this is being handled.

I understand that my feedback may not make much difference, but it felt very empowering and liberating to at least express this to the company and hopefully further to the leadership. My next sail date is a couple of months away and I will enjoy my cruise in spite of the changes not necessarily because of the changes, and I have already identified the areas that will personally impact how I am able to enjoy my cruise and are prepared to adapt accordingly.

I really don't anticipate receiving a reply outside of the talking points, if any, that have been drafted for their acceptable responses, but at least I registered my opposition and I feel better knowing that I have the last say of what happens to my family's bottom line who are my Board of Director's. ;):D

Today is a GOOD DAY to voice your complaints ;)

The negative press they are receiving today can't be good. USA Today picked up the story :eek: It's officially gone viral :cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/05/13/norwegian-cruise-food-ban/27034385/

I love the secopnd paragraph:

Don't book Norwegian Cruise Line.

That's straight and to the point!

Hopefully some national press may make them rethink their absurd policies.

The negative press they are receiving today can't be good. USA Today picked up the story :eek: It's officially gone viral :cool:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2015/05/13/norwegian-cruise-food-ban/27034385/

I'm glad to see this! This is what it takes for a business to pay attention when people are unhappy.

Thanks for that link. The "reasons" NCL is giving for the no-food-to-cabins rule are such utter b.s. they really make NCL look foolish. Maybe they don't care. It amazes me at times at how bad so many corporations can be at communications.

Thanks for that link. The "reasons" NCL is giving for the no-food-to-cabins rule are such utter b.s. they really make NCL look foolish. Maybe they don't care. It amazes me at times at how bad so many corporations can be at communications.

Perhaps firing big chunks of the Miami PR department wasn't such a great idea after all. Who knew you would need some wordsmiths to smear lipstick on the sow you were delivering with change after negative change?!

NCL seems very poorly led.

Well, at least the narrative is the same to the media outlets. I'm not encouraged at all that any of the publicity will promote change. My fear is the policies will actually spread to all of the mass market lines, which has already happened to some degree. Everyone sees value very differently and not necessarily from the same lense.