Solstice tour with drop off at SeaTac

aeegee

Has anyone taken the Celebrity Solstice tour after the cruise that takes you to the Space Needle and Chihuly Museum and then takes you to the airport? It's a 3 hour tour, starting at 8:30 and your plane has to depart after 2:00. Our plane leaves at 2:25 and I'm curious as to how early you get to the airport. I was wondering because of traffic, etc. and possible lines at the airport. This would be Friday before Labor Day, so I'm not sure of crowds at the airport.

Would it just be better to go right to the airport and skip the tour to get to the airport in plenty of time. I hate not being familiar with airports/ports/cities.

Thank you

I think it's OK to take the tour it finish at 11:30, you have almost 3 hours at the airport.

Yes, but if the tour is 3 hours does that include getting to airport or is the tour 3 hours and then they take you to the airport?

Thank for your response.

Has anyone taken the Celebrity Solstice tour after the cruise that takes you to the Space Needle and Chihuly Museum and then takes you to the airport? It's a 3 hour tour, starting at 8:30 and your plane has to depart after 2:00. Our plane leaves at 2:25 and I'm curious as to how early you get to the airport. I was wondering because of traffic, etc. and possible lines at the airport. This would be Friday before Labor Day, so I'm not sure of crowds at the airport.

Would it just be better to go right to the airport and skip the tour to get to the airport in plenty of time. I hate not being familiar with airports/ports/cities.

Thank you

We did this tour 3 years ago and it was great. I am sorry I don't remember the exact times, but we were at the airport in plenty of time. I see your point that it cuts it a little close since we like to get to the airport early, too. I would do the tour. The airport is not far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you

Crowds can be really bad at SeaTac ,,.. funny thing is, the last few times I have been there, though, we flew right through security.... so who knows. It would help if you took advantage of the luggage valet onboard (the city of Seattle is picking up the charges for this season) so you have no extra time to spend in the airport to take care of your bags. Hopefully, you are on an airline that is included in this program. TSA pre-check would also be helpful but may not be necessary.... we have it and the lines were minimal. When we didn't have it, we've waited in lines for up to 90 minutes to get through security.

Traffic in Seattle can also be bad ... and this is from someone that lives and worked in the bay area and drove down to LA all the time. But, you should have time if you are at the airport by 1:00 and that doesn't seem as though it would be an issue. It should take about an hour give or take to get there from the Space Needle. If the tour company states your flight has to be after 2 PM, they probably plan on getting you there by 12:30 PM at the very latest.

If you find yourself in the airport with a little time to kill and are hungry because it's been over 3 hours since your last meal (I always laugh at my appetite AFTER a cruise), be sure to stop at Anthony's for a quick bite. They have a sit down area as well as a take out window ... and yum doesn't even begin to describe how good it is. We sat down and had a bowl of clam chowder (NE style ... the only kind IMO), in a bread bowl ... it just hit the spot and wasn't all that expensive, either.

Enjoy!!!

Yes, but if the tour is 3 hours does that include getting to airport or is the tour 3 hours and then they take you to the airport?

Thank for your response.

When they quote times, it is meant to be pick-up time to drop-off time. That said, they are subject to traffic delays like anyone. But they know people are catching flights so they try to keep to the schedule as much as possible.

Thank you all so much. I've posted questions all over about transportation in Seattle and your answers are the best and to the point. I think we'll book the tour and enjoy 2 stops that we won't get to pre-cruise.

Now we have to figure out the best way to get to our downtown hotel, which is not on Shuttle Express's drop off list. We've never used Uber or Lyft, so not sure. Also, we've heard about the town cars that you can get by calling from the phone banks in the baggage area. I also understand that taxis are flat rate, but not from the airport, only to the airport from port. Last issue is the 3.1 mile drive from the hotel to port, but I think a taxi will work, but I worry about getting caught in traffic and the meter running.

I'm sorry, we cruise every year and for some reason Seattle has me in a whirl. I just hate being unprepared.

Again, thank you for your precise answers to my question.

Thank you all so much. I've posted questions all over about transportation in Seattle and your answers are the best and to the point. I think we'll book the tour and enjoy 2 stops that we won't get to pre-cruise.

Now we have to figure out the best way to get to our downtown hotel, which is not on Shuttle Express's drop off list. We've never used Uber or Lyft, so not sure. Also, we've heard about the town cars that you can get by calling from the phone banks in the baggage area. I also understand that taxis are flat rate, but not from the airport, only to the airport from port. Last issue is the 3.1 mile drive from the hotel to port, but I think a taxi will work, but I worry about getting caught in traffic and the meter running.

I'm sorry, we cruise every year and for some reason Seattle has me in a whirl. I just hate being unprepared.

Again, thank you for your precise answers to my question.

From the airport. 1) After getting your luggage cross the sky bridge down to the taxi area. You can get a flat rate town car right near the taxis. 2) We have a light rail system that will take you to downtown Seattle.

Link light rail | Sound Transit

If your hotel is in the downtown area it is really not that far from pier 91. From downtown you travel on Western Ave and Elliott Ave West to get to the cruise terminal. You can call your hotel and ask the concierge about transportation to the cruise terminal.