Cruising for the 1st time with our 4yr old...best ships?

thehams

Hi there,

My husband and I have been on several cruises, however this will be our first time cruising with our son, who will be 5yrs at the time we cruise. Which ship(s) is best for kids his age?

Thank you :)

look for a "dreamworks" ship. We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas on the 21st with my 2 little girls, 5 and 2.

Liberty looks to be a great ship for little ones. I am looking forward to my oldest experiencing the cruise. It is going to be a blast!

look for a "dreamworks" ship. We will be sailing on Liberty of the Seas on the 21st with my 2 little girls, 5 and 2.

Liberty looks to be a great ship for little ones. I am looking forward to my oldest experiencing the cruise. It is going to be a blast!

Have you decided on any excursions? We will have our grandchildren, ages 2 and 4, with us in April when we sail.

Have you decided on any excursions? We will have our grandchildren, ages 2 and 4, with us in April when we sail.

Roatan, - Boden tours

Belize - butts-up tubing and atv (all of my group but me and my 2 year old. She is under 40 inches tall so no tubing for her.)

Cozumel - playa mia

My group is 11 (was 13 but my mom2 is not doing well and had to cancel on Saturday). in order to save money for the group, I booked all of my excursions myself rather than through RCCL

For kids that age I suggest beaches and maybe a boat ride.

We took a 1 and 3 year old last year. They loved the beach, playing in pools at an all inclusive and we even took them on a boat to see the stingrays and swim at starfish beach. They had a great time. We did take our own life jackets and used car seats for excursions.

We just came back from our first cruise with a 4 y.o and 2 y.o. The Oasis was fabulous for kids! They cried on the last day and didn't want to leave. There were lots of children activities on board through the Adventure Ocean kids club program. My daughter spent a few hours there each day and probably could have spent the whole day there if we let her. The ship was very clean and well kept.

Last June we took the grands on their first cruise (10, 7 & 5). They loved all the time on the Anthem. I think their favorite was the kiddie wave pool, bumper cars and NorthStar. Ocean Adventure was excellent. They were all in different age groups and had no problems making new friends. All 3 of them wanted to stay longer than the 5 day cruise. We booked again for this coming August and they very excited.