Anthem Dining

NewSalt

I find it mildly annoying when people ask questions that have been asked numerous times before and don't do a search for answers, but I'm probably doing that myself. However, four hours of reading posts, a call to RCI, and a couple of searches didn't help, so I'm here asking you knowledgeable people.

We sailed on Anthem last summer, and liked Dynamic Dining and found it worked well for us. We just booked a March seven-day cruise on Anthem this weekend on the spur of the moment. I understand that DD no longer exists, but there is a "main" DR. Is this true? If so, which DR is it? None of the four seemed large enough to accommodate as many passengers as the MDR's on the other ships we've sailed. Do Silk, Chic, Grande, and AI still exist? We have MTD; can I make reservations ahead of time?

Are there still formal nights? With DD they were the nights you were assigned to Grande, which meant that only a quarter or so of the passengers were doing the portraits on any night. Have they reverted to the second and sixth nights (for a 7-days) as they do on most other ships?

I'd appreciate any information since I'm not a spontaneous person and not booking 9-12 months out has me a little stressed.

Edited by NewSalt

They use all four dining rooms for the main dining room function. Two are used for traditional dining, two are used for MTD. You can make MTD reservations ahead of time, but you no longer pick the venue.

There are still formal nights, which vary with itinerary.

Edited by clarea

yes it is true, no more Dynamic Dining...

That being said I can only give you some info that I have read. I believe they are doing MTD in 2 restaurants and traditional in the other 2... if it is by deck or port/starboard that I am not sire of. I am also not sure if they are doing formal nights.

There are a few threads on the subject

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2401131

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2440570

Just booked a 5 night Bermuda cruise in October 2017 with Traditional Late Dining. Here's what the reservation shows.

"Dinner Seating: Dynamic Dining Classic lets you enjoy reserved seating and choose between two dining times in a preset lineup of restaurants. 08:15 PM"

I see they still have not fixed their programming. Too bad, because it continues to confuse people.

I booked the Anthem this morning for the March 19 sailing, and I'm going on the Allure for Easter. Extremely excited since it will be my first time on both class of ships. I'm thinking of buying the dining package for 3 nights. I already get a BOGO which I will use on day 1&2.

For Anthem what is a must at Wonderland and Jamie's? and for the Allure what is a must at 150 Central Park & Samba Grill?

We sailed on Anthem last summer, and liked Dynamic Dining and found it worked well for us. We just booked a March seven-day cruise on Anthem this weekend on the spur of the moment. I understand that DD no longer exists, but there is a "main" DR. Is this true? If so, which DR is it? None of the four seemed large enough to accommodate as many passengers as the MDR's on the other ships we've sailed. Do Silk, Chic, Grande, and AI still exist? We have MTD; can I make reservations ahead of time?

Are there still formal nights? With DD they were the nights you were assigned to Grande, which meant that only a quarter or so of the passengers were doing the portraits on any night. Have they reverted to the second and sixth nights (for a 7-days) as they do on most other ships?

We were just on Anthem. Chic and Grande were used for Traditional Dining, and AI/Silk for My Time. There are formal nights. Not sure of the nights (our sailing was not 7 nights).

Enjoy!

Is there a list posted someplace that shows which restaurants are complimentary and which charge extra?

Thanks!

Here is a Cruise Compass:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51052243&postcount=4

Look at the restaurant operating hours. Those listed with a dollar sign ($) are extra.

We were on the Anthem for the holiday sailing. We had early seating, and had a table in Grande every night. We were told that if folks don't come to their regular seating for dinner (if they are in specialty dining or at the windjammer that night) that they use Grande and Silk as overflow restaurants for My Time.