Jewel of the Seas Muster and Dinner

We are due to go on Jewel in April Southern Caribbean. I have noticed on a few old cruise compasses that lifeboat drill is 8pm. How does that work with dinner? Does it stop serving and you return if part way through meal?

Plus why do they do it so late?

We had early, traditional dining (6pm) and were done with our meal in time for the 8pm muster. Everything had to stop by 7:45 pm in preparation for the drill.

As stated earlier, since all aboard is 7pm and sail-a-way is at 8pm, it can't be held any earlier, or it would mess up early MDR dining.

We had early, traditional dining (6pm) and were done with our meal in time for the 8pm muster. Everything had to stop by 7:45 pm in preparation for the drill.

As stated earlier, since all aboard is 7pm and sail-a-way is at 8pm, it can't be held any earlier, or it would mess up early MDR dining.

Any idea how MTD works? Guessing need to get there early or reserve early. Currently showing reservations up to 6:45 which would seem a bit tight unless they are super efficient first night

Any idea how MTD works? Guessing need to get there early or reserve early. Currently showing reservations up to 6:45 which would seem a bit tight unless they are super efficient first night

I agree, having only one hour to eat in the MDR with MTD prior to muster would be tight. I would make a reservation NET 6pm on night 1 so you won't feel rushed.

I'm thinking that for MTD, they won't allow reservations or seat anyone after a certain time, say 6 or 6:30. I bought the first two nights BOGO specialty package for my cruise in February and the latest time it had was 6:15. Then it skipped to 8:30.

I'm thinking that for MTD, they won't allow reservations or seat anyone after a certain time, say 6 or 6:30. I bought the first two nights BOGO specialty package for my cruise in February and the latest time it had was 6:15. Then it skipped to 8:30.

I have booked for 6.....they are certainly allowing bookings to 6:45...must have to return after muster for dessert and coffee can't see you doing it in 1 hour

I have booked for 6.....they are certainly allowing bookings to 6:45...must have to return after muster for dessert and coffee can't see you doing it in 1 hour

That seems like the worst idea ever. I wouldn't want my meal split into to parts. Luckily I picked an early time.

We are just off Jewel for the 1/8 sailing and we had MTD. I had originally booked 6:30 online but had heard Muster was at 7:45. After we boarded, I went to the MTD podium and they changed it to 6:00. We had plenty of time to eat without rushing to Muster. I did see people come in later.

It doesn't impact traditional dining. Someone with experience with MTD will have to report.

Muster is late because sail-a-way is late. Everyone needs to be onboard.

It's been awhile and the departure time can vary. For us sailaway occured at the same time as 2nd seating dinner. (2014)