New to MSC, seaside questions

chefchick

Considering booking our first MSC cruise to Carribean on Seaside in January. YC is sold out, so we are looking at balcony aurea experience ones still available. I know the ship not completed yet, but what are everyone's opinion on the deck 9 extended balconies? There are a few available right above the spa area (looks like where they would have outdoor massage canopies)? The extra space looks awesome (almost twice the size of regular balcony) but would we just end up feeling exposed and lose all sense of privacy? Would you book one?

Also, we were fortunate enough to receive a black card status match. The "experience" levels are frankly very confusing...if we were to book fantastica experience and have a black card what would we give up vs aurea?

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Kelly

Hi.

I don't have any experience in MSC, although I do have two Seaside sailings booked, one for February 2018.

I just wanted to tell you to check the website often if you are really looking to sail in YC. I had NCL Escape Haven booked for February 2018 (we are Platinum) but really wanted to try YC and for my sailing, February 24, they were all booked. I stalked the website a few times a day and today two cabins in YC opened up. So, if you book your cabin and still want YC, keep trying!

We did the status match too and received 5% off our booking. Was great!

Happy planning!

Also, we were fortunate enough to receive a black card status match. The "experience" levels are frankly very confusing...if we were to book fantastica experience and have a black card what would we give up vs aurea?

Kelly

Hi Kelly ................. Fantastica relates to benefits that come with booking that cabin "Experience" level. The Black Card offers benefits irrespective of type of cabin booked.

Here's a link to the Voyagers Club membership benefits:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Voyagers-Club.aspx

and here's a link explaining the different "Experience" levels which relate to the type of cabin you book:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Cruise-Deals/Our-Fares.aspx

Thank you for the replys so far. I have found the post with the experience grid and can do the math, so to speak, for myself. My real question is in regards to the "extended balcony" staterooms on seaside....does MSC (or any other line for that matter) have a similar layout on other ships where I can read real world reviews?

We booked the Aurea Balcony on Deck 9 specifically for the Balcony size. I figured that the Spa would be quiet so no excess noise. We are close to some elevators & stairs which I presume we will have access. Still have no clue what the stateroom or this balcony look like.

Thank you for the replys so far. I have found the post with the experience grid and can do the math, so to speak, for myself. My real question is in regards to the "extended balcony" staterooms on seaside....does MSC (or any other line for that matter) have a similar layout on other ships where I can read real world reviews?

This was one of the questions you posed which is what I was responding to:

I have booked the extended balcony on NCL ships as we really enjoy sitting on the balcony especially in the Caribbean. I don't feel exposed.

1 I don't particularly care if people look at me. 2 I think it's rare that the surrounding balconies are going to be occupied all the time that I want to be out. People really aren't interested in what others are doing. If you are on an upper balcony do you spend all your time looking at other passengers or are you too busy enjoying the view?

We too have an extended balcony on the Seaside booked.😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

You aren't private on any ship balcony. Enjoy your big balcony and don't go nude on it. I was on the MSC Divina. MSC ships are really pretty and very multicultural with singing/dancing shows and a different feel from the more mainstream lines.

Sent from my iPad using Forums