Opinions please..torn between B2B Splendor and Vista...

Lyn1Lyn

So I am trying to decide on our next cruise.. I really can't decide between a B2B 5 nt Eastern/Western on Splendor and an 8 Day Southern on Vista. If you were deciding, which would you choose and why?

We haven't been on either of them if that helps.

This trip will be for just hubby and I.

Edited by Lyn1Lyn

If you don't have to have the gleaming new ship (Vista) the Splendor is a better value choice. Was on the Vista B2B from NY to Miami and then the 6 day cruise to follow. Now on the Splendor for B2B and have a better cabin for less money per day. .. and itineraries are great.

It isn't about crowding - I thought the Vista had lotsa room. It is about value ...:)

but do as your cruiser's heart ( and wallet ) tell ya.

Vista never felt crowded to us this past summer...BUT...we had a Havana cabin so we really used the exclusive Havana area a lot. Even the other common areas did not feel crowded. It is really well laid out.

:)

I thoroughly enjoyed my cruises on the Splendor, it is my favorite ship in terms of design. I love the middle pool being covered, the aft pool being open, and the spa cabins and larger spa. The extra 2 days in the sun also sounds nice. I would most likely go for Splendor, but that is before hearing the ports, which is always the deciding factor for me. What ports will each cruise visit?

Edited by OceansOfTravels

So I am trying to decide on our next cruise.. I really can't decide between a B2B 5 nt Eastern/Western on Splendor and an 8 Day Southern on Vista. If you were deciding, which would you choose and why?

Have not been on the Vista yet but we love the Splendor and it will be much cheaper.

We sailed seven nights on Splendor in 2011 and 13 days on Vista's TA. I'll choose Splendor again in a heartbeat. (We are in fact sailing her in February.) I didn't think Vista was anything special. Don't get me wrong-we had a fabulous cruise.

Vista would have to have an incredible, once in a lifetime itinerary for us to sail her again.

Good luck choosing.

How often do you have a chance to cruise a fairly new ship? 8 Days on Vista can equal a 10 day total B2B as you'll repeat being in port twice, kind of a wasted day there. Vista has so much more to offer in food options, layout, decor, etc. than the old Splendor.

The itineraries might be equal as both have their attractive points.