Linen? Smart or Not?

catzgirl

Having a glass of wine with hubby last night, and generally talking about the cruise, he announces, if we have room to pack it in I would like to take my Linen Suit with him (well, linen mix, doesn't crease quite as much as 100% linen), is this going to be acceptable on the informal nights to wear I wonder?

Not to worry, it would be acceptable. Despite what many seem to be concerned about, the fashion police do not patrol the ship after 6:00 PM. Make a reasonable effort to look good and respectful all will be well. Have a good time.

Thank you.... :)

My husband always takes his linen suit for informal nights. He sometimes trots along to the laundry to give it a bit of a press before he puts it on, but it looks lovely on him.

Just wondering... what about ladies wearing linen trousers with smart evening top for informal nights? Any advice greatly appreciated

Dress code doesn't seem to apply to the distaff side, formal or informal.

I've seen men, me included (didn't check the evenings code) refused entry to the MD. Never seen a lady refused though.

David.

Dress code doesn't seem to apply to the distaff side, formal or informal.

I've seen men, me included (didn't check the evenings code) refused entry to the MD. Never seen a lady refused though.

David.

Terms are important. Some men do not know how to dress - happens with some women also; but a lady always makes the effort to understand and comply.

Just wondering... what about ladies wearing linen trousers with smart evening top for informal nights? Any advice greatly appreciated

Most of my summer-weight trousers are linen. I wear them with a simple cotton top during the day, and dress them up with a pretty top at night. I have evening tops that go with my black and my white linen trousers.

I use ironing spray when ironing the trousers prior to the cruise and that seems to keep them looking reasonably good during a cruise or holiday.