Yacht Club questions

KarimaJ

I have a few questions please, we never traveled with MSC.

Who are you supposed to tip? The usual folks plus Butler and who else? Is it automatically charged like on NCL or do you give envelopes? I'm trying to budget and would like to know the extras.

Is a 12 year old is allowed in all areas of Yacht Club? Any restrictions?

Is it crowded in yacht club pool area?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You will have a tip taken out each day, but the butlers do so much more we always tip more, the concierge has been very helpful and usually give something extra. Plenty of space on the YC pool deck and your 12 year old is welcome everyplace. Enjoy!

I have a few questions please, we never traveled with MSC.

Who are you supposed to tip? The usual folks plus Butler and who else? Is it automatically charged like on NCL or do you give envelopes? I'm trying to budget and would like to know the extras.

Is a 12 year old is allowed in all areas of Yacht Club? Any restrictions?

Is it crowded in yacht club pool area?

Thanks!!!

If you wish to tip extra you can.

You can tip extra.

There aren't any restrictions on youngsters in the YC area. Our 14 year old was with us on the Divina during Thanksgiving week, and he was warmly welcomed by all staff.

Even though the ship was full, or close to it, the YC pool area was NEVER crowded.

Edited by HornedFrogCruiser

You will have a tip taken out each day, but the butlers do so much more we always tip more, the concierge has been very helpful and usually give something extra. Plenty of space on the YC pool deck and your 12 year old is welcome everyplace. Enjoy!

Do you happen to remember how much per passenger? I'm trying to decide if I should take the OBC or the free gratuities perk.

That's good to know thanks. Were there other kids in the Yacht Club area?

There were twin boys, aged one. Perhaps two or three kids in the 10 - 15 year old range, including our son. The key takeaway is that, even with kids, there was no lessening of the overall experience. I think this is because, in the YC, most parents realize that it isn't an "anything goes" environment where kids are allowed to run wild.

Ok. I was hoping my daughter would make a friend there since she has no siblings [emoji4].

Our son is an "only," so we wondered the same thing. Two words: KIDS CLUB! Your daughter will be a part of the Y Team group (ages 12-14).

At least with with our son, the Kids Club was more a convenient venue to find other similarly-aged young people (as opposed to a place to go to participate in lots of organized activities). On both our MSC cruises, he had no trouble meeting other kids to hang out with.

Our son is an "only," so we wondered the same thing. Two words: KIDS CLUB! Your daughter will be a part of the Y Team group (ages 12-14).

At least with with our son, the Kids Club was more a convenient venue to find other similarly-aged young people (as opposed to a place to go to participate in lots of organized activities). On both our MSC cruises, he had no trouble meeting other kids to hang out with.

That is better. She hates regular kids clubs with the organized activities.

Do you happen to remember how much per passenger? I'm trying to decide if I should take the OBC or the free gratuities perk.

I think it was either $12.00 or $12.50 per person/per day.

I think it was either $12.00 or $12.50 per person/per day.

I did see this posted, I was wondering if there is extra charges for Yacht Club? Other lines charge extra for Butler/concierge. I can always tip extra but just wondering if they automatically charge extra!

I did see this posted, I was wondering if there is extra charges for Yacht Club? Other lines charge extra for Butler/concierge. I can always tip extra but just wondering if they automatically charge extra!

They do not. The staff in the YC is included. We tipped extra, because we thought they deserved extra.

I've seen posts where people said the staff in the YC seemed surprised at the additional tips. We didn't find that to be so. They were gracious, yes, in their thank you's, but I don't believe they were surprised.

Yes of course

When your bill is added it has everything you've spent as well as your gratuities in the bill. Then it will be added any once or moneies that you have prepaid. Then your balance will be shown. So it's sort of automatico in a scense.

One more question please. Can you use OBC to pay the services charges?

Best to call your agent or Msc direct because quite often it depends on who has given you the Obc. In the U.S., if the Obc was given by cruise line you can NOT use it for service charge. If it was given by your travel agent or pre purchased as a gift you can use it for anything you want. Sounds like the policy might be different depending on country of origin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk