Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda --- Feedback needed and appreciated please

chenj78

Greetings Cruisers!

We are seriously considering the June 18 sailing aboard to the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda from NYC. Can anyone offer any feedback on this cruise? Would like to know everything --- the ship itself and its offerings amenities, onboard dining, entertainment, activities, kids programs, the specific cruise port, etc. Did you enjoy it? Did you not enjoy it?

Thanks in advance!

We have been to Bermuda three times, once on the Breakaway. We have been on the Breakaway twice and are going in May to Bermuda. So you can see that we like both the ship and island. Bermuda is beautiful, easy to get around and the people are friendly (no Hey Joes). You can get a 3 day transportation pass for pretty cheap and it inlcudes buses and boats to get around. We did that the first time we went there. There is lots to do in the Dockyard where the ship docks if you like water activities. My kids have rented wave runners, gone parasailing and a couple of other things. One also did the Segway tour one time. The first time we went on the Breakaway we were with a large group. We liked the ship ok, but thought we preferred the Gem, Jewel and Pearl ships better. However, the second time, there were only 4 of us and we loved it. We had such a great time and really enjoyed some venues that we never made it to the 1st time, especially Howl at the Moon, Dueling Pianos. They were awesome and we saw them several times. The pool area is very small and not nearly as nice as most other ships, but in 19 cruises I have never gone in the pool so it doesn't really bother me. We usually sit in the Spice H2O adult area most of the time. There are lots of things for the kids to do: rock climbing wall, mini golf, bowling, the ropes course, walk the plank and zip line. I think it is a great ship for kids which is why we are going again with our friends and all the kids and a couple of grandkids. We can't wait. If you decide to go, I hope you enjoy it all as much as we do.

Greetings Cruisers!

We are seriously considering the June 18 sailing aboard to the Norwegian Breakaway to Bermuda from NYC. Can anyone offer any feedback on this cruise? Would like to know everything --- the ship itself and its offerings amenities, onboard dining, entertainment, activities, kids programs, the specific cruise port, etc. Did you enjoy it? Did you not enjoy it?

Thanks in advance!

America's Cup starts June 17, unless you enjoy sailing, think about a different date.

So the island will be really crowded? Can't get a spot on the beach or a seat at a restaurant crowded? We had considered the June 11 sailing as well, but this one works a little better ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We changed our cruise the last week in May to the Gen for this reason. Bermuda is small, and you need to take ferries, buses and cabs to get around. From what I've read, ferries and buses can be crowded on a good day.

Greetings Cruisers!

Thanks in advance!

you said everything

here you go

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421957

id be more than happy to answer any specific questions as well

We changed our cruise the last week in May to the Gen for this reason. Bermuda is small, and you need to take ferries, buses and cabs to get around. From what I've read, ferries and buses can be crowded on a good day.

in october the bus was only full one time. end of the day headed back into town. rest of the time bus and ferry were just fine.

just never rent a scooter. our bus was up on their butt and i dont know how they dont get intimidated. even with a helmet on, they would be squish

except for the sheer crowds during an international event, id never turn down a bermuda trip. even if it rained the entire time

So the island will be really crowded? Can't get a spot on the beach or a seat at a restaurant crowded? We had considered the June 11 sailing as well, but this one works a little better ...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We 've been to Bermuda about 8 or 10 times, split between cruising & flying. We flew there this past August, and they were saying that all of the hotels on the island were already sold out for the cup races.

We agree with travelerblue. The first time we took the BA we couldn't wait to get back on the Gem, but we absolutely fell in love with the ship the second time we took it. The nighttime entertainment is much better on the BA. We love Rock of Ages, the Jazz club, and howl at the moon. The pools ( doesn't matter to us) and common areas are very small thought, and I do not partake in the same activities on each ship due to that. Example: I enjoy the dance lessons on the smaller ships, which are held in a separate area , but on the BA it is held in the atrium, for the whole ship to see. I do not like being the center of attention, and being in front of all to see me mess up.LOL

Bermuda is the friendliest island we have ever been to, and also so easy to do yourselves - no tour needed. We usually get the bus/ferry passes ( we were able to buy them on the ship) and tour the island ourselves. Just tell the bus drivers where you want to go and they will stop for you and direct you where to go, and where to get the bus back. Great island, and we didn't think we would enjoy just being at one place, but with Bermuda there is no problem. Tons to do

Safe sailing