buses to Bruge

woking cruisers

Not sure how often this service runs, but think it's reasonable. However you get the free cruise shuttle bus from quayside to dock gate (not the P&O service). At the gate you turn right, past the submarine and lightship museum exhibits. Then, when we were there, a man sells you tickets from a tent like structure. The service was called the Cruise Shuttle and I believe we bought "returns", drop off is at coach station (as is re-boarding location). This was a bit out of town but you just have to walk through the park and emerge on edge of town. It is not that far for people with average mobility.

Regards John

Not sure how often this service runs, but think it's reasonable. However you get the free cruise shuttle bus from quayside to dock gate (not the P&O service). At the gate you turn right, past the submarine and lightship museum exhibits. Then, when we were there, a man sells you tickets from a tent like structure. The service was called the Cruise Shuttle and I believe we bought "returns", drop off is at coach station (as is re-boarding location). This was a bit out of town but you just have to walk through the park and emerge on edge of town. It is not that far for people with average mobility.

Regards John

Thanks for that. So just to be clear, get the free shuttle to the dock gate, turn right and get the cruise shuttle bus to Brugge. Could you advise cost/return procedure if possible please?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for that. So just to be clear, get the free shuttle to the dock gate, turn right and get the cruise shuttle bus to Brugge. Could you advise cost/return procedure if possible please?

I think return was something like E20, and I think I recall some people paid by credit card on the guys electronic unit at the tent (more like a canvas gazebo, and he gives you the tickets. I should pay cash though. They have leaflets and notices to identify them.

To return you go back to the coach station where you were dropped off, then find the correct bus. It's open air, with many buses, however the cruise shuttle has signs on the windows obviously if you buy return tickets you just show them to the driver as you reboard.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

I think return was something like E20, and I think I recall some people paid by credit card on the guys electronic unit at the tent (more like a canvas gazebo, and he gives you the tickets. I should pay cash though. They have leaflets and notices to identify them.

To return you go back to the coach station where you were dropped off, then find the correct bus. It's open air, with many buses, however the cruise shuttle has signs on the windows obviously if you buy return tickets you just show them to the driver as you reboard.

Regards John

Thanks John that's really useful. Is it just the one return bus at a set time or multiple? If just one do you know the return time?

Thanks John that's really useful. Is it just the one return bus at a set time or multiple? If just one do you know the return time?

I think they run a continuous shuttle service with the same vehicle and it stays at each end a while. The frequency will be spaced out a bit but not sure how regularly it runs back and forth. Driver will advise.

Regards John

I think they run a continuous shuttle service with the same vehicle and it stays at each end a while. The frequency will be spaced out a bit but not sure how regularly it runs back and forth. Driver will advise.

Regards John

That's so helpful John. We are on this cruise and were wondering where to get a bus to Bruges. Thanks v much for the info.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

take a taxi. €100 return so about €25 each if you have 4. Taxi will take you to edge of main square and pick you up there again when you want.

Second this - definitely the way to do it

They take payment when they return for you so you know they will come back

Are there usually taxi's waiting in Blankenburg? We've got a group of 4 adults and a 2 year old, we were wondering whether taxi or train would be easier.

Pre arrange a taxi prior to your cruise they will meet you at the port gates in Zeebrugge and take you straight into the centre of Bruges and then pick you up from the same spot and you pay at the end of your return journey. No need to waste time getting P&O shuttle bus into Blankenburg and then get a taxi you then also have the problem of finding a taxi on your return.

Edited by majortom10

Are there usually taxi's waiting in Blankenburg? We've got a group of 4 adults and a 2 year old, we were wondering whether taxi or train would be easier.

The train is about a 3 min walk from the shuttle drop off in Blackenburg and is about €5 each with your cruise card. The journey is about 15 mins, they are double deckers, modern and clean. They run every hour and you can see the timetable in the Europe Trainline site. It is then a 15 min walk to Bruges when you get there. So in summary you have to weigh up the cost v advantages of a taxi which is less walking and less restriction on times.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lots of prearranged taxis at dock gate. However we got one there that was not prearranged within a few minutes.

Are taxis at port gates? or do you have one you could recommend

We were just there Sunday off Ventura. Didn't pre-book a taxi but picked one up at the port gate. You take the port shuttle to the gate and taxis are lined up outside. Prices are fixed at €50 each way.

I arranged to meet up with some members from our roll call, so there were 6 of us sharing. With a tip it was €40/couple round trip. Taxi driver dropped us about a block from the market square and we agreed a pick-up time at the same place.

A word of warning/caution, there were a lot of people that apparently took the train in to Brugge - to save money - that were trying (not very successfully) to get taxis back to the ship from the market square and station. DH was talking to our driver and he said he'd been offered €100 by some people at the train station. Luckily, he was a good guy and came back for us as promised Though, he was explaining that they're heavily regulated, so not sure he could have risked it if wanted to - but a slight worry.

There was a lady handing out cards for Martin's taxis (http://martinstaxi.be/en/homepage-2/) for next time. Don't know how good they are but would look into them if there was a next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Wellybeth