Adonia itineries

alexoneblack

I quite agree.

It is bewildering as to why they have not even announced on their website that her cruises will be available to book from the 7th!?

How on earth anyone is supposed to ring to book from 8am without knowing what exactly is on offer, or, more importantly, how much it will cost, is anyone's guess.

Extremely odd. 😕

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Glad to hear the Adonia is back in the fleet, a very good small sized ship we enjoyed sailing on her until they (in their wisdom) moved it to the latest failed new cruise line

I don't think it's failed yet.

It takes 2 years for P&O to arrange itineraries for their ships, therefore, it follows that they knew Adonia was coming back in 2017.

I suspect Carnival were trying out a smaller ship to see if 'fathom' would interest passengers, and, if it did, after 2 years they would use a larger ship, which is what is being talked about now, although they seem to be saying they may not be going back to the Dominican Republic, but only going to Cuba.

It's fantastic she's back though. That's all we care about! :)

Soooooo excited!!!:D:D:D

Booked her for the 4th August - Seville and Bordeaux overnight!

Thanks Selbourne for the info re discount - amazing reduction on price thanks to this! :)

that's the one we are interested in but being lowly 1st tier folk we can't do anything till tomorrow. Is that the 20% off discount? Can I ask if you got anything further - OBC or parking as well?

thanks

that's the one we are interested in but being lowly 1st tier folk we can't do anything till tomorrow. Is that the 20% off discount? Can I ask if you got anything further - OBC or parking as well?

thanks

I know what it's like. We had the same problem for years!

Re. the discount - you will need to ask whoever you book with to check what is available.

Re. OBC etc - you always get the choice of one of three - OBC, parking or coach travel.

Hope you get what you want tomorrow. :)

thanks

Are you sure that you can't do anything till tomorrow? I thought that I, as Atlantic tier, would have to wait too, but when I found a cruise I liked I found that I could book it after all on P&O's website, in spite of what their email and flyer had said. Unfortunately I seem to have missed the post about getting a discount. :(

Edited by jh1809

Are you sure that you can't do anything till tomorrow? I thought that I, as Atlantic tier, would have to wait too, but when I found a cruise I liked I found that I could book it after all on P&O's website, in spite of what their email and flyer had said. Unfortunately I seem to have missed the post about getting a discount. :(

How amazing! Good for you. Did you get the one you wanted?

(The only problem with booking on-line that I can see is that it wouldn't know to give you the discount, whereas a person would.)

yes, it seems I can book today but still discussing it with DH. I did a dummy booking on the P&O site & didn't get any discount but spoke to a couple of TAs who applied a past passenger discount (not the 50% one though!)

yes, it seems I can book today but still discussing it with DH. I did a dummy booking on the P&O site & didn't get any discount but spoke to a couple of TAs who applied a past passenger discount (not the 50% one though!)

You will only get the 50% discount if you have a cruise already booked next year on either Arcadia, Aurora or Oriana I'm afraid.

Go for it - you only have one life. Go create some more memories! :)

How amazing! Good for you. Did you get the one you wanted?

(The only problem with booking on-line that I can see is that it wouldn't know to give you the discount, whereas a person would.)

Yes, I got the cruise I wanted. It's the one to the North Cape in June/July 2018. (I'm already fully booked for 2017.)

Regarding the discount, as I happens I already have a cruise booked on Arcadia for 2017, so if that means I could have got a 50% discount on my Adonia cruise (as another post seems to suggest) then I'm a bit gutted! Serves me right for being so hasty, I suppose.

Yes, I got the cruise I wanted. It's the one to the North Cape in June/July 2018. (I'm already fully booked for 2017.)

Regarding the discount, as I happens I already have a cruise booked on Arcadia for 2017, so if that means I could have got a 50% discount on my Adonia cruise (as another post seems to suggest) then I'm a bit gutted! Serves me right for being so hasty, I suppose.

My apologies, I should have been clearer.

You only get the 50% if you book an Adonia cruise in 2017, not 2018, so you haven't missed out. ;)

Interestingly, the Svalbard cruise is one I'm very interested in doing. I've always wanted to go to Svalbard. We'll have to look at our calendar for that year...... :rolleyes:

You only get the 50% if you book an Adonia cruise in 2017, not 2018, so you haven't missed out. ;)

Interestingly, the Svalbard cruise is one I'm very interested in doing. I've always wanted to go to Svalbard. We'll have to look at our calendar for that year...... :rolleyes:

Thanks. That's a relief. Maybe I shall have to see if I can somehow fit in a cruise on Adonia in 2017 as well. :) How do you get the discount? Do you have to book through a travel agent, or will you get it if booking with P&O direct (by phone, presumably rather than online)?

Thanks. That's a relief. Maybe I shall have to see if I can somehow fit in a cruise on Adonia in 2017 as well. :) How do you get the discount? Do you have to book through a travel agent, or will you get it if booking with P&O direct (by phone, presumably rather than online)?

We booked through P&O, but we always do.

I'm sure that a TA would do this as well. They wouldn't get a lot of business if their customers found out they weren't passing on discounts! :rolleyes:

I was not informed of this discount. I knew about it through another OP on here and I also spoke to the Peninsular Club yesterday who confirmed it. The young lady on the phone at P&O when I was booking it (who was, as usual, extremely good) did not bring it up either - I had to ask.

Edited by Cruise Puss

I was happy to see Adonia returning and excited to see it was going to Svalbard in 2018... until the itinerary was released.

We went to Svalbard on Aurora in 2012. It was amazing and we'd like to go again but whoever decided on the 19th June 2018 sailing itinerary has done a poor job.

I know P&O have been slowing the ships down and having less time in ports with more sea days but the end of this cruise is silly. The last 4 cruise days are 2 at sea followed by Belfast then another sea day. A sensible thing to do would have been to do the Belfast stop the day after Dublin. Then near the end of the cruise after Trondheim there could have been a day at Geiranger/Flaam followed by a day at Bergen/Stavanger/Kristiansand and then just 1 day at sea to Southampton.

We have Aurora booked for 10 days next December and are now looking at Adonia for 4th August next year, does anyone know whether there is any minimum length of cruise that qualifies you for the discount on the Adonia cruises ?

One, I would think about booking that particular cruise sooner rather than later as it seemed to be one of the most popular yesterday.

Two, I'm not aware of any restrictions on the 50%, but I think it would be best to actually ask P&O themselves.

We have Aurora booked for 10 days next December and are now looking at Adonia for 4th August next year, does anyone know whether there is any minimum length of cruise that qualifies you for the discount on the Adonia cruises ?

We are booked on Aurora in March 2018 and yesterday, booked the same 4th August cruise with a 50% discount. Balcony for around £1100 each. Booked directly with P&O over the phone and received free parking and some OBC. I can't imagine that a 10 day cruise on Aurora wouldn't qualify, ours is 12 days.