Book now or wait?

gskimmel

Hi,

I just booked a May 2016 sailing on the Quest and I'm interested in another Azamara sailing for the end of 2016. Given the double upgrade promo, I'm trying to decide if I should book the second sailing now or wait and book onboard in May. I am not familiar with Azamara's promotions so I don't know if the double upgrade promo is a common thing.

Thanks

The deals I have seen them offer are:

1. Double upgrade (as is running currently)

2. Buy one person at full price, and the second person pays 50%

3. Pick Two - from single upgrade, OBC or Choice Air credit

Also sometimes they add additional OBC into the mix.

If you are looking at a Suite then 2 is the best deal as you generally can't upgrade to a Suite.

As a solo traveler 2 is no good, but 1 and 3 are great.

As previously recommended I would book now provided the double upgrade works for you, as the other thing that can happen is the cost of the cruise can go up! I got caught badly by not booking a late 2017 cruise while the Pick Two promo was running - the cruise fare went up by $625 and I lost the extra OBC that Pick Two gave me. I thought the cruise was so far out that I could afford to wait. I was wrong!

You really can't lose by booking early. Azamara has a best price guarantee. . . . https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/best-price-guarantee

Of course, in addition to the best price, you can also lock in your cabin location.The only drawbacks are the $25 per person nonrefundable deposit and locking up $1,100 (veranda cabin) deposit. I think it's worth striking early and risk losing the $50 per couple, especially the online travel agent I use for this line is running good on board credit enhancers.

I never know if I should book early or late, but my CA/NE cruise and the Norwegian Fjords fill up fast. My TA does usually tell me if it's a popular itinerary and based on that and different postings, I will book early if it's an itinerary that we're dead set on seeing,

And I love the best price guarantee.

Happy to read you booked what you wanted. As far as I'm concerned, the $25.00 pp if you cancel is worth it to me. I like choosing my own cabin.

Edited by midwestchick

You really can't lose by booking early. Azamara has a best price guarantee. . . . https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/best-price-guarantee

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this I believe only applies to United States and Canada.

The UK does not appear to have this feature in its booking terms.

Of course, in addition to the best price, you can also lock in your cabin location.The only drawbacks are the $25 per person nonrefundable deposit and locking up $1,100 (veranda cabin) deposit.

I think it's worth striking early and risk losing the $50 per couple, especially the online travel agent I use for this line is running good on board credit enhancers.

Also, as has been mentioned many times before, the $25pp cancellation fee also only applies to United States and Canada.

We in the UK are stuck with loosing $750 (£500) per couple if we cancel or try to change!

John

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this I believe only applies to United States and Canada.

The UK does not appear to have this feature in its booking terms.

Also, as has been mentioned many times before, the $25pp cancellation fee also only applies to United States and Canada.

We in the UK are stuck with loosing $750 (£500) per couple if we cancel or try to change!

John

Sure, my advice was to OP, who is American.