Disembarkation at Southampton

Skiploulou

Can anyone give me an idea as to what time the passengers will be begin disembarkation at Southampton when Queen Victoria docks at 8.30am in the morning.

Thank you.

All depends on Stateroom Location. If you want to get off early, then do self disembarkation.

We arrived at Southampton last Sunday - Queen Victoria.

We were alongside at 7am and were called to disembark at about 8.45 am - we were first the call. This was a little slower than other occasions, but normally it takes more than an hour to offload the luggage.

Self disembarkation was MUCH sooner - but we had a LOT of luggage - as always!

What is the latest time you can self disembark at Southampton? We won't have a lot of luggage but have no pressing need to be off extra early.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are desiganated self disembark you can go at any time just join the queue

If you are desiganated self disembark you can go at any time just join the queue
I've only self disembarked once, a long time ago; from QE2, but am almost certain that I was given a time period in which to be off the ship? Rather than disembark when I felt like it?

Sorry if I am totally mistaken, as I said, it was a long time ago (and my memory is shocking).

Edited by pepperrn

That's good news. On our Celebrity cruises, those self disembarking have to be off first. No desire to get off at 7am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Pepperrn, it is possible the system has changed since you self-disembarked. It is possible to do it at any time now. You just have to join whatever line is in place at the exit, or go along when there is no-one there.

I have done it a few times. On the first occasion a gentleman tried to tell me that with self-disembarkation we could head to the front of any queue that happened to be there. I did not believe that. In fact I checked up on it before my next cruise with self-disembarkation and was told that we join any queue at the end, as any reasonable person would expect.