My Upsell Offers for Getaway

Is this some kind of strategy you folks play? Buy a lower tier room in the hopes of paying more for an upgrade later - with the gamble that the upgrade will be less than the on-line rate?

Y'all take those upsells. That'll leave our (as yet to be assigned) balcony room eligible for better assignment.

Some people might play the game. I had never heard of an upsell when we booked this cruise. We will be more than happy in our mini suite, as it was a splurge when we booked it anyway. I really just wish our friends could be in something better than an inside.

Either way, you're on the ship and having a good time, right? But why not watch for the chance to make it an amazing experience if the option arises.

So to chime in with everyone else, I was a guaranteed balcony and now a spa haven . I called in, no email for me. It took 5 calls.

On a different note, I'm in an inside cabin on escape in September. I booked through a ta and was planning to upgrade if I had cash at time. Do they upsell interiors to anything better? Not shooting for a penthouse... But would take it. :p

Is this some kind of strategy you folks play? Buy a lower tier room in the hopes of paying more for an upgrade later - with the gamble that the upgrade will be less than the on-line rate?

Y'all take those upsells. That'll leave our (as yet to be assigned) balcony room eligible for better assignment.

I am cruising this Sunday and this was my first upsell. As soon as I booked our DOS I posted on our roll call that there was a family suite with balcony open. One of our roll call was able to upsell to the suite we gave up. Win win for all

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I had just about given up and hadn't called since May 4th. I was about to call the main NCL number to buy both cabins spa passes and decided I would try one more time with the upsell department.

I finally got someone who knew what to do! She immediately asked if I would like her to "link" my two cabins as they were not, once she did that she placed me on hold to ask for special permission to upsell the inside cabin. She came back and said it was approved. Sadly, there was only one H9(Spa Haven) available, nothing else. She said I would have been able to get both cabins into the 2 bedroom if it was still available... Oh well. :( However, she did manage to get both of our cabins upgraded to Spa Mini Suites, next to each other, for only $300 more than it would have been for the 4 spa passes! I'll take it! With her having to get special permission I didn't even try to bargain.

Five days from now we'll be checking into our spa minis! :D

NCL has told me both times on the phone that the upsells into the Haven are only offered to mini suites and higher....

Our other room is an inside(mid ship, next to our mini). I really would like to just upsell both rooms to spa minis or even balconies, but both representatives I've spoken to tell me they only offer Haven rooms.

Am I just getting bad information?

We r on the same sailing. I called today, and I could have upgraded to a Haven suite for $750 pp. We r in an oceanview. I also hoped for an aft balcony, but none r available. 1st time for an OV for us.

We are booked on the September 18th sailing. My question is .... what is the upsell number? When do I start trying to see what they offer? We paid extra for having a cabin assigned to us. Would love to do the Haven. thanks