Euro adaptors

capegirl

I have just returned from Quest cruise. I was using a euro adaptor for my own hairdryer and was disappointed that my usual powerful dryer had hardly any power & cool heat - which with my frizzy hair was not good enough! Tried the ship's own dryer but you have to press a button all the time which is awkward. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution??

I have just returned from Quest cruise. I was using a euro adaptor for my own hairdryer and was disappointed that my usual powerful dryer had hardly any power & cool heat - which with my frizzy hair was not good enough! Tried the ship's own dryer but you have to press a button all the time which is awkward. Does anyone else have this problem or know a solution??

Not quite sure what you mean by euro adapter?? There are adapters that allow US plugs to fit in the euro receptacles and there are converters that convert the 220v to 110v.

Am guessing you mean the converters?? If so you will have issues. Your best bet is probably to get a dual voltage hair dryer so it works without the converter. Otherwise, although I won't be on Quest until next year, thought they had both US 110V and Euro 220V plugs so use the US receptacles and should work well. Also, your hairdryer may be defective if you didn't use the converter.

HOpe this helps or clarify what you are asking so we don't have to guess??

While adapters are great for plug compatibility and allow your 120v North American devices to 240v sockets..... it does not correct for frequency issues.

North American 120v outlets typically are 60hz. Elsewhere in the world, the 240v outlets are 50hz. That 10hz difference makes a huge difference for North American devices with 60hz motors (eg... analog clocks and hair dryers). While hair dryers work.... the lower hertz means the motors spin slower and often overheat.... shortening its life.

Hair dryers are one device I buy would overseas to avoid the hz issue. Thankfully cruise ships and hotels often have hair dryers now.

Most travel electronics like tablets, laptops, and cameras convert the AC current to DC.... removing hz problems.

Edited by xlxo