P&O Reveals Celebrities, Concerts, White Party and Five-Ship Salute in Sydney Harbour

Husband and I on The Pearl as it is his favourite ship for nostalgic reasons , ....But I wish we were on the Dawn would have liked to see/hear Stan Walker , Samantha Jade is on The Pearl ( can't say I'm not a fan as never actually heard of her? , will have to google )

Really looking forward to a meal at my favourite restaurant The Salt Grill :), the Ocean rocking me to sleep, Charlie's Bar and a Toblerone , The fireworks , ..and No housework :)

All the details on Cruise Critic today: http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6462

Cabins still available for all cruises arriving into Sydney on 25 November. Who's going??

does anyone have any idea what time they are sailing in in formation? we are sailing out on the 26th on Solstice , but flying from Brisbane to Sydney early on 25th purely to see all 5 ships in harbour. I am not sure we will be early enough to see this spectacle, we land at 10.05 am.

thanks

does anyone have any idea what time they are sailing in in formation? we are sailing out on the 26th on Solstice , but flying from Brisbane to Sydney early on 25th purely to see all 5 ships in harbour. I am not sure we will be early enough to see this spectacle, we land at 10.05 am.

thanks

I do not know exactly when but I would think it will be in the afternoon/early evening. We are on the Aria and will embark at White Bay on the 25th, I believe we then sail out of the harbour as we are due to return with the floatilla of 5 ships back into the harbour. The Aria then berths at the OPT for the party and fireworks before leaving again later that evening. The other ships will be berthed at various bouys.

I do not know exactly when but I would think it will be in the afternoon/early evening. We are on the Aria and will embark at White Bay on the 25th, I believe we then sail out of the harbour as we are due to return with the floatilla of 5 ships back into the harbour. The Aria then berths at the OPT for the party and fireworks before leaving again later that evening. The other ships will be berthed at various bouys.

Thanks very much for that, seems we might have to splurge on a hotel close to the OPT to get a good view. We were trying to do this on the cheap lolol.

Thanks very much for that, seems we might have to splurge on a hotel close to the OPT to get a good view. We were trying to do this on the cheap lolol.

Not sure of prices (may be Exy) but certain rooms in the Four Seasons or the Marriott overlook the OPT and harbour.

We are also on the solstice on the 26th Shrekas, but wanted to see the five ships and fireworks and decided it would probably be cheaper to book the pearl on the 23rd rather than staying in Sydney's very expensive harbour rooms . The pearl is meant to disembark around 7am on the 26th and the Solstice doesn't depart till 4pm so hopefully there will be no problem there. It cost us $988 for an ocean view for three nights .

The Event Program gives these time

6:15. - 6:45. Pacific Salute ships move into V formation outside a sydney heads for aerial photo shoot

6:45 - 8:45. Pacific Parade witness history as all five ships cruise into Sydney Harbour

8:30am Pacific Aria and Edens naming ceremony

9am move to different locations

4:pm to 8pm music and extravaganza dj

and live acts

8p till 8:45p ,five of Australian music acts take to stage simultaneously

8:45 fireworks begin

8:45 till 10p White party begins

Five ships depart the harbour

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Ru2on

We are also on the solstice on the 26th Shrekas, but wanted to see the five ships and fireworks and decided it would probably be cheaper to book the pearl on the 23rd rather than staying in Sydney's very expensive harbour rooms . The pearl is meant to disembark around 7am on the 26th and the Solstice doesn't depart till 4pm so hopefully there will be no problem there. It cost us $988 for an ocean view for three nights .

6:15. - 6:45. Pacific Salute ships move into V formation outside a sydney heads for aerial photo shoot

6:45 - 8:45. Pacific Parade witness history as all five ships cruise into Sydney Harbour

and live acts

Thank you - I came in to post the program link I received in my email,

http://www.cleancruising.com.au/newsletter/images/P%26O-5-Ships-Sydney-Events-Program2.pdf?utm_source=cc_prospects&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_150730

seems we will miss the sail in. We have already booked and paid our airfares so really can't justify changing them but we will be there for the fireworks. Hope to meet up with you at the Connection Meet on the Solstice,

Mari and Shrek

and live acts

Great stuff, totally different to what I first read so glad you could clarify. The Aria must be embarking at the OPT now which is so much better than white bay.:D

http://www.pocruises.com.au/SiteCollectionImages/5%20Ships/ShipLocationMap.jpg

I'm almost positive p&o will change things again but this is currently where the ships are meant to be stationed for the day :)

(Sorry you will miss the five ships sailing in Shrekus ,but glad you will the see the fireworks, and looking forward to the meet &agreed on the solstice , currently trying to decide if I should upgrade my Classic beverage to Premium )

Marilyn

Edited by Ru2on

All the details on Cruise Critic today: http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6462

Cabins still available for all cruises arriving into Sydney on 25 November. Who's going??

We are arriving on the Celebrity Solstice on 26th, sailing in from Taz. Do you think we may see the fireworks and do you know if Solstice will still berth at Circular Quays, between the bridge and the Opera House? I do hope so as that's going to be one of the many highlights of our trip!

We are arriving on the Celebrity Solstice on 26th, sailing in from Taz. Do you think we may see the fireworks and do you know if Solstice will still berth at Circular Quays, between the bridge and the Opera House? I do hope so as that's going to be one of the many highlights of our trip!

No and yes.

You will miss the fireworks as they happen on the 25th but you will dock at the OPT. The solstice is my favourite ship, enjoy.:D

No and yes.

You will miss the fireworks as they happen on the 25th but you will dock at the OPT. The solstice is my favourite ship, enjoy.:D

Thanks for the quick reply and glad to hear we'll still berth at the OPT. After I sent the post, I remembered I could check berthing calendars with another website and that confirms what you say. Phew! I realied the party is the day before but just wondered if we might just be close enough to Sydney to catch the fireworks. Have fun all the folks who will be on board.

Thanks for the quick reply and glad to hear we'll still berth at the OPT. After I sent the post, I remembered I could check berthing calendars with another website and that confirms what you say. Phew! I realied the party is the day before but just wondered if we might just be close enough to Sydney to catch the fireworks. Have fun all the folks who will be on board.

I doubt that you will be close enough, as the Solstice isn't due in til probably 5 or 6am. It is possible that you get outside the harbour (Sydney heads) much earlier but probably not like the 9 hours required and even then I doubt you will see them.

I doubt that you will be close enough, as the Solstice isn't due in til probably 5 or 6am. It is possible that you get outside the harbour (Sydney heads) much earlier but probably not like the 9 hours required and even then I doubt you will see them.

Thanks for the help anyway.