Cup of Tea?

yesididit

We are travelling on QE next year - we love to be able to make a cup of tea in our room but I'm happy to call room service - it just seems like such a hassle for them! Do they happily do this?

Also can we order a full breakfast in our room or just basic continental?

Thanks... I will have more questions I'm sure :)

I understand that tea and coffee making facilities have been added to all cabins on QM2.

My question is when this will be rolled out to QE and QV - does anyone have any information on this?

I understand that tea and coffee making facilities have been added to all cabins on QM2.

My question is when this will be rolled out to QE and QV - does anyone have any information on this?

According to the FAQ on the Cunard page here is your answer:

"Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will also offer this service after their refurbishment in 2017."

We are travelling on QE next year - we love to be able to make a cup of tea in our room but I'm happy to call room service - it just seems like such a hassle for them! Do they happily do this?

Also can we order a full breakfast in our room or just basic continental?

Thanks... I will have more questions I'm sure :)

Scottygirl, I've never had room service delivered in an unprofessional manner. I don't expect them to be smiling, but amazingly enough, they usually are :)

A gratuity for room service is always welcome, although not mandatory. If you choose to tip, have it ready because he/she will be in and out quickly. (Just my opinion: It's not hard to part with a few dollars, and it brings a smile to hard working crew members.)

According to the FAQ on the Cunard page here is your answer:

"Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria will also offer this service after their refurbishment in 2017."

Thanks Scottygirl1!

Unfortunately that means after my cruise next year.

We booked a cruise on QE for October 2017 and enquired about tea/coffee making facilities at the time. Was told that even though it states on the website sometime in 2017 QV would be fitted with tea/coffee making facilities when it goes in for a refit I think sometime in June but QE would not have them fitted in 2017.

If you are ordering tea from room service I recommend you boil the kettle. Since Carnival bought Cunard we have never had proper tea delivered. At one time a request for tea on the QE2 resulted in tea being delivered in silver tea-pots. Judging by the quality it was obviously made with boiling water.

Now you get a jug of vaguely hot water and some tea-bags and you are expected to put a tea-bag into the cup and pour said water over it and this is supposed to be a cup of tea.

With the kettle and supplies in the staterooms there is little need for room service for tea, although it can be handy if you run out of tea-bags, sugar or milk.

If you are ordering tea from room service I recommend you boil the kettle. Since Carnival bought Cunard we have never had proper tea delivered. At one time a request for tea on the QE2 resulted in tea being delivered in silver tea-pots. Judging by the quality it was obviously made with boiling water.

Now you get a jug of vaguely hot water and some tea-bags and you are expected to put a tea-bag into the cup and pour said water over it and this is supposed to be a cup of tea.

With the kettle and supplies in the staterooms there is little need for room service for tea, although it can be handy if you run out of tea-bags, sugar or milk.

Very hard to boil a kettle if they are not provided that is the point of the thread.

Edited by majortom10