Can you view your onboard credit online

luxury-lizard

Just wondering if it is possible to view (and verify) your onboard credit online before departure? I should have one (from a referral coupon) and would like to ensure it was applied before departure to save any hassle if it is not posted.

Yes it will be on your final documents.I have another question.In years past we have been able to cash out all credit,we have been told by our TA that SB does not allow that anymore.Anyone on a resent trip that can answer this?

Yes it will be on your final documents.I have another question.In years past we have been able to cash out all credit,we have been told by our TA that SB does not allow that anymore.Anyone on a resent trip that can answer this?

It depends on where the credit came from. There are two types, IIRC they were refundable and non-refundable OBC.

Exactly right Emperor Norton. I recently had a credit of $4.15 returned to my CC after having spent the shareholder credit and the remainder of the refund from a cancelled tour on wine mostly. The folks in the Square can tell you exactly what you have left in both categories if you ask.

I received an email about 2 weeks after submitting to Sydney office. This is part of the email ...

"This referral credit is an onboard credit you may use towards any onboard purchases made during your voyage such as shore excursions, onboard gift shop purchases, spa services and more.

The referral credit, if not used in the full amount, is not refundable, transferable and cannot be used as cash advance."

What some cruisers do is contribute any/all of their non-refundable credit to the ship's crew fund. When you "cash out" on debarkation the desk will be happy to help you.

I thought I'd heard (or read) that they were no longer letting you turn your non-refundable credit over to the crew fund. YMMV.

We used to be able to use it for the Crew Fund but as of our recent cruise friends found out that policy had changed so they ordered a bottle of wine the last night -- naturally we helped them drink it![emoji2]

Mea culpa! I should have said refundable, not non-refundable credit may be donated to the Crew Fund. Seabourn has indeed decided that non-refundable credit may NOT be donated.

Sorry for the confusion.

Excuse my ignorance, but I did not know that any kind of credit was refundable. I knew the referral coupon was not, but what kinds of credit are refundable?

I *think* refundable credit is refundable. What I mean by that is if a port fee is dropped or lowered and then credited to you that is refundable as you already paid for that in full. I'm not sure about TA or AMEX or Stockholder credit.

I *think* refundable credit is refundable. What I mean by that is if a port fee is dropped or lowered and then credited to you that is refundable as you already paid for that in full. I'm not sure about TA or AMEX or Stockholder credit.

Yes, exactly. We had a pre-paid excursion cancelled. The refund was added to our OBC. Most of it was subsequently credited back to my bank account at the end of the cruise (we had dipped into part of it with other on-board purchases).

We're going on our first Seabourn cruise next month, and I had obtained referral coupons for both our cabin and my parents cabin. We both got phone calls from Seabourn to tell us the referral credit had been added to our account -- a nice touch. (It's also listed in our cruise documents.)

• 1 month later...