Bourbon

CLOU

I am sailing on Sojourn leaving two weeks from today! My drink of choice had been a vodka martini (I know all you gin drinkers, it is not a true martini) but lately I have used my Seabourn cruises to broaden my horizons. On my last cruise I discovered the charm of a cold Hendricks gin and tonic out on the pool deck. This year, with the hype it is getting lately, I am think of branching out into bourbon. I was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations for which bourbon or bourbons I should try, that are available, preferably without additional charge, on Seabourn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am partial to Blantons - which unfortunately I have not seen on board nor Woodford's which I also enjoy. But as suggested, since each have our own preferences, try whatever is available to get a sense of what you like and you then have a reference when back home to expand upon.

I want to thank all of you for your input. I am familiar with Makers Mark but not many others. I like the idea of asking the bartender for s blind tasting and seeing which I prefer, since taste is a very personal thing. Thanks again all.

On our last cruise on the Quest my wife was telling the barman how she did not like whisky . Suddenly there was 12 glasses on the bar in which he put 6 different whiskys (small amounts) in, one straight and one with water for her to taste.

Needless to say she now likes the taste,but only the more expensive ones.

That is service:D

:eek: There's no Makers in that photo.

Wild Turkey you have to watch out for. Sometimes its the 101. If they have Knob creek give that a try, though I've found Makers to be the most quaffable that is normally stocked.

And JD isn't what I think of when I think of Bourbon.