Dublin -- Can we check our luggage at the dock?

AllisonJames

Question for Bonnie (or anyone else who might know) -- we will be coming into Dublin on embarkation day from a hotel outside the city, would like to check our luggage that morning so we can visit some sites, then embark mid-afternoon. Can we do that?

Question for Bonnie (or anyone else who might know) -- we will be coming into Dublin on embarkation day from a hotel outside the city, would like to check our luggage that morning so we can visit some sites, then embark mid-afternoon. Can we do that?

drop off your bags after 11 am. .no one can help before then. that is done outside the terminal. .then take a taxi and be back about 2 hours before you sail. i think you must check in by 90 minutes before you sail.

• 2 weeks later...
And what time do you think we should board in order to get specialty restaurants and chef's table?

i believe you will lget them but maybe not at the time you like.. i always been able to get on a chef's table on any cruise i want.

AllisonJames-

May I ask which places that you plan to see? I may have some free "taxi advise"....

Pat & Bernadette

Dallas

This is the port of Dublin. Yes 20 minutes to city center via taxi or shuttle. Picture taken onboard the X Silhouette with the Royal princess opposite side of port.

However taxis might be hard to come by, advise taking the AZ shuttle if there is one.

IMG_1166.jpg

DSC01869_1.jpg

Cooley Consumers -- we will take any advice you can give, we've never been to Dublin. Would enjoy seeing the city, Trinity College, Guinness Factory, other recommendations. FYI, we are neighbors, we live in Highland Village, TX.

Cooley Consumers -- we will take any advice you can give, we've never been to Dublin. Would enjoy seeing the city, Trinity College, Guinness Factory, other recommendations. FYI, we are neighbors, we live in Highland Village, TX.

AllisonJames - a far easier way - - email me at teeling48 at yahoo dot com. I have a patented tour of Dublin for novices. Please advise in your email if you have any problems walking. Remember that this year, this MONTH is the 100 Anniversary of the birth of the Republic of Ireland. GREAT year to visit!!!! Let me say that I am NOT a travel agent, have nothing to do with travel (except my cruising) but with family in Ireland, I am always getting hit with "WHERE do I go???"

Free advise for those arriving or departing Dublin by cruise who want to see the City Centre (downtown Dublin), ask the taxi driver "take me to the City Centre by way of Fairview and up Summerhill to O'Connell Street. I'll get off there." Otherwise, they will give you a VERY scenic tour and a high price to go a distance of about 4 to 5 miles!! I called one out the last time that I arrived Dublin. He started driving WEST (the City Centre is South) and I said, "going the scenic tour?? O'Connell Street, please, through Fairview and just up Summerhill. I know my way from THERE." He looked like a deer in the head lights or kid with his hand in the cookie jar! "Yes, sir. Been here before??" I just smiled and said, "NOT this month!" :)