certificate what a waste of money

AnnenAlan

:confused:

we have just recieved today through the post a large packet sent airmail from miami a booklet containing a ' Certificate of Reimagination' for our recent spice route cruise on the Quest

which although very nice will go in a cupboard and never see the light of day again

the funnyist thing about it on the certificate it says to Alan and Weale Weale my name is Anne our surname is Weale

Hi Anne,

the Certificate was simply a momento, to thank you and to remind you of the voyage.

We do apologize for not including your first name. I'm not sure what list we sourced the names from for the certificate, but please accept our apologies.

We hope to see you aboard again soon!

Bonnie

Just another way that money is spent in the wrong way.

What amazes me is that I never get any emails or mailings from Azamara. My mailbox is filled with lots of brochures, etc. from Oceania, Viking, Regent, Seabourn, Holland America, Windstar, etc. I also get many emails from cruise lines and travel agents. Some of those deals are fabulous. I booked my next 2 cruises as a result of emails that I received. Has Azamara stopped sending out brochures or emails?

Just another way that money is spent in the wrong way.

What amazes me is that I never get any emails or mailings from Azamara. My mailbox is filled with lots of brochures, etc. from Oceania, Viking, Regent, Seabourn, Holland America, Windstar, etc. I also get many emails from cruise lines and travel agents. Some of those deals are fabulous. I booked my next 2 cruises as a result of emails that I received. Has Azamara stopped sending out brochures or emails?

Brochures, yes, for the most part.

Emails, NO! They come out daily (at least to me as I'm on every list and possible subset of the lists!)

Have you written to our LCV Ambassador Nicole at LCV desk to ask her to check your email status? Sometimes guests opt-out of receiving our marketing materials early on and then forget they clicked that box.

Hi Everyone,

FWIW, My Mom received a similar certificate, as we were on Journey's first sailing post Drydock. The certificate was in a beautiful folder, and signed by Captain Johannes, along with a cover letter from Azamara's CEO, Larry Pimentel.

I'm taking the opposite position of the OP, and thought this was a beautiful gift, and we truly appreciate the effort and expense by Azamara. My only regret, is that I did not receive one in my name, as I collect cruise ship memorabilia - but I'm certainly not complaining. It was a lovely thought, and very much appreciated.

Thank you Azamara !

Brochures, yes, for the most part.

Emails, NO! They come out daily (at least to me as I'm on every list and possible subset of the lists!)

Have you written to our LCV Ambassador Nicole at LCV desk to ask her to check your email status? Sometimes guests opt-out of receiving our marketing materials early on and then forget they clicked that box.

Daily email???? I never get Azamara email. I have signed up repeatedly (at least 10 times). Using four different email address, so it could not be the issue of an early opt out on an email address that was not even in use when I first sailed Azamara. I also tried gmail and yahoo addresses thinking there might be an issue there.

I went through LCV twice. I would get an email from a personal cruise consultant for one to two weeks describing the current offers, then NOTHING.

I get offers and communications from Celebrity at least several times a month.

I get offers from many other cruise lines ---both email and postal, but nothing from Azamara!

Did not get this email today- no surprise.

I get offers and communications from Celebrity at least several times a month.

Hi Leo178,

You are lucky that you receive emails from Celebrity. It's generally an on again, off again, issue for me. I have not received email from Celebrity for about 2 months. I called them yesterday. After waiting 25 minutes on hold, the very nice Celebrity rep advised me that I "opted out" of emails. Of course, I hadn't done so - but it all relates to their outdated technology. I believe that in some instances, Azamara is still on the same system as Celebrity.

The good news is, Celebrity is spending a fortune upgrading their website and back end technology. However, my soruces tell me that it's going to be a while before the new systems are fully in place.

On the bright side... my Azamara email seems to be working fairly well of late !

We had the same trouble, had tried everything to get emails and then Bonnie suggested asking Nichole from Club le voyage to help.

Problem solved.

HOWEVER!!!

Be careful what you wish for ......because temptation arrives weekly😀

Host Andy,

What a shame. Didn't you travel with your mum? Or did only selection of guests receive a certificate?

Do Azamara do the presentation photograph covers with a picture of the ship sailed on? ( we have bought these from Celebrity ) If so next time you are on Azamara why don't you have a picture taken and ask the Captain to sign. Not quite the same but personalised memorabilia also seems to go down well in any collection as it provides providence.