May 20-27 Escape Review

andymattmom

We are waiting to get off the Escape- late flight so taking our time.

We are a family of 4- mom, dad, 21 and 20 year old sons. We arrived in Miami on Friday and stayed at Homewood Suites Miami Downtown Brickell- we used points. Hotel was beautiful, staff was friendly. We walked to the Brickell area and ate at a pizza place. The walk wasn't bad at all. We were a couple blocks from Publix. We took Uber from FLL to Miami- had a great driver Fritz at Suburban which held all of us.

Saturday we left hotel about 10 AM. We were on ship in about an hour. We stayed in Haven aft cabin 9318. We were taken up to Haven and were able to eat there or Margaritaville. We ate at Margaritaville which was good- rooms were ready by 1. Although we were able to drop bags off prior to lunch.

Cabin 9318 H6- my Apple Watch says about 650 steps to Haven. We'd go down to Waterfront walk to forward elevator and up to Haven. It wasn't a bad walk at all. The cabin was beautiful and balcony large. Our room was quiet- no noise from people above or next door. Musa was our cabin steward and Jorge our butler. We didn't utilize Jorge except 2-3 times for room service. He daily brought snacks - both he and Musa were personable and did good jobs.

On Saturday we did the water slides. My son and I did both with no lines over and over then. Dinner was at The Haven and was delicious. This was where we met Paolo our waiter for the first time- he made our trip! We requested him each time and if we couldn't get him he'd come over. He was amazing- friendly and outstanding service. It was hard to say goodbye to him this morning- his wife is a cabin steward.

Most sea days were at the Haven sun deck- plenty of chairs and no saving of them by people. I've read reports of crazy kids in the Haven- there were babies on up in the Haven who were so well behaved. Honestly there seems to be no need for Vibe pass if in the Haven but I know some do get.

Shows- we saw the show Saturday night where they show previews of all the shows. This was fun. We saw the comedians in Headliners- went to late show so raunchy but funny. We saw After Midnight- amazing singing and dancing. It was long. Brat Back- first shoes with new cast. We saw twice and really enjoyed. Went to Howl at the Moon- it was fantastic. We also did Escape the Big Top- signed up at Box Office the first day. It was fun.

Specialty restaurants-- Tepannayaki was good. We have one like it where we live which we like better. Moderno was good. Cagneys was great- steaks delicious and 7 layer chocolate cake fabulous. Service at all was great.

We mainly ate at The Haven restaurant which was outstanding. Did OShehans a few times it was good. Never did buffet so I can't comment.

Went to the gym once which was nice but HOT. Didn't like inconsiderate people who didn't clean off equipment. I went to spa as I chipped nail and they filed for me- it looked nice.

Did Radical Racers in Tortola and BOSS in St Thomas which were both they ship and fun. Nassau was not a favorite port- dirty and busy. Went and shopped and then back to ship. Great time to do water slides.

Pool area- yes it was busy, yes there were chair hogs. We would just use one chair when we went on slides. Slides were fun- just felt bad for staff when people got mad that they could have jewelry on Aqua Loop. It's clearly posted- the staff is doing their job and there is no need to be rude. Slides were fun!

Staff- amazing and friendly. We made sure to say good morning etc and thank you. They are all hardworking and polite. Only ride encounter was at Guest Services when discussing charge that shouldn't be on. Haven staff was amazing from concierge to pool deck attendants to everyone in between.

Ship was clean and beautiful. We met so many nice people in elevators, lines, shoes and Haven. On Saturday we met a family from Boston area we saw and chatted with almost daily, last night a nice couple from Albany NY at dinner.

So sad this is over but an experience we will never forget. I'm happy to answer any questions and can post pictures later. We had great towel animals!

Got off ship at 910 using Haven benefit-met up with regular line at gangplank. No issues through customs. Waited for our Uber driver and at FLL at 1030

Busy busy airport on Saturday. Didn't start disembarkation until 8.

Thanks for the review. We' re booked on the Escape out of NYC next June. Did your children use the Haven? How was it for them meeting others. I'll be traveling with a 20 and 18 yo. and we're also in a Haven aft. Previously we had a two bedroom on the Breakaway but to do that again would have taken our retirement funds:eek:. What was the bed set up like?

Thanks for the review. We' re booked on the Escape out of NYC next June. Did your children use the Haven? How was it for them meeting others. I'll be traveling with a 20 and 18 yo. and we're also in a Haven aft. Previously we had a two bedroom on the Breakaway but to do that again would have taken our retirement funds:eek:. What was the bed set up like?

My boys loved the Haven! Used sun deck, hot tub, restaurant etc. We had more than enough room in cabin. Hubby and I used bedroom and king bed. Boys shared fold out sofa in living area which was made up nightly. It was a queen bed and they said comfortable. My oldest is 6 ft and had plenty of room. They had second small bathroom but seemed to migrate to master bath for body jetted shower. Only odd thing is no door on master bath- just a heavy curtain between that and bedroom. You'll love cabin- highly recommend deck 9 for extra large balcony!

Thank you. How was the concierge in the Haven, is it Rashida? Did you spend time at the Haven bar? Did you enjoy it and how were bat tenders? Sailing for my 50th birthday in July with my dh and leaving kids at home. Cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. How was the concierge in the Haven, is it Rashida? Did you spend time at the Haven bar? Did you enjoy it and how were bat tenders? Sailing for my 50th birthday in July with my dh and leaving kids at home. Cant wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rashida was concierge. She was great! My hubby and son liked the Haven bar said drinks really good. There were always people there! I gave UBP and perks to my almost 22 year. I snuck a few drinks . You'll love Haven!

Thanks for the review, we are in the other deck 9 H6, 9918 on the July 22 cruise. I love you enjoyed the haven so much, this will be our first cruise with NCL.

I have been debating about what to do with bed for our two kids, 17 year old son and 18 year old daughter, and to possible bring an inflatable mattress as my son is 6'7? Any thoughts?

Did you have two loungers on your deck?

I have been debating about what to do with bed for our two kids, 17 year old son and 18 year old daughter, and to possible bring an inflatable mattress as my son is 6'7? Any thoughts?

Did you have two loungers on your deck?

The room steward will have no problem with an inflatable mattress. He/she will set the sofa-bed in "single" mode and make up/put away the inflatable mattress each night/day (probably put the inflated mattress under the master bed).

The H6 on Escape has 2 loungers (1 padded), 6 chairs (all padded), and 2 tables (1 large, 1 small).