Best way/site to book Princess cruise to Alaska?

boxer lovers

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

First, per board rules, we are not allowed to name or discuss travel agents on Cruise Critic. So you won't get recommended a "best" site to book at.

If you look around the board, you will see this sort of question asked frequently. On Line Travel agencies frequently discount their cruises, either by arrangement with the cruise line, or by cutting their commission. You will get more service from a "brick and mortar" travel agent, but how much of a discount you might get is limited.

To determine which online site is "best", you simply have to search a number of them. You might want to see if they have issues with something like the BBB before you book.

Or, if you don't wish to do the research, just book with Princess.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Unlike some other lines Princess allows TAs to discount cruises but I think TAs aren't allowed to advertise their reduced prices (or at least that is what I have read on the Princess Board in the past :)). When I booked my first Princess cruise (cruisetour in Alaska in 2007) I used the Princess website since I didn't know any better. For my next cruise I found a TA which saved me a little money but not much. On my third cruise I did more research finding a TA than the cruise itself. It has paid off. Since then I have sailed with Princess over a dozen times in the last 6 years and my TA has always quoted me a price at least 7% to 10% (and sometimes more) less than the price on the Princess website. I do the research (itinerary, ship, dates, cabin category - and oftentimes the actual cabin) and send her the Princess price and she always comes back with a substantial savings.

Edited by capriccio

After going on line to the Princess site, I decide on where and when then call or email my TA with the info then I let her "do her thing". She'll come back with which cabin and price. I prefer going through my TA as I have someone in my corner fighting for me in case I have a booking problem. Fortunately I've never needed her for that, but she's there, just in case.:)

Edited by Treven

To pay rack rate go directly to Princess.com.

For a chance of a better price, check with a TA.

There are numerous posts here on CC documenting TA discounting for Princess cruises.

No names, of course, but it gives you a place to start.