B620 - Stavangar and Pulpit rock

GammoSenior

Hi - we are travelling on the Brittania in July to the Norwegian fjords.

Does anyone know how long we have in port when we visit Stavangar? I'm keen to hike to the top of Pulpit Rock but would like to do so without missing the Brittania's departure!!

Many thanks

Hi - we are travelling on the Brittania in July to the Norwegian fjords.

Does anyone know how long we have in port when we visit Stavangar? I'm keen to hike to the top of Pulpit Rock but would like to do so without missing the Brittania's departure!!

Many thanks

http://www.regionstavanger.com/en/Product/?TLp=660801&Hike-to-Preikestolen-Pulpit-Rock-

all info is here but I suspect you will not have enough time to hike it

A friend on our Celebrity cruise a couple of years back did this trip and name it in good time. For me relying on a ferry, a bus then a walk and the return trip would not be something I would be comfortable with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The original post mentions Stavangar but my advice would be to check the P&O website to see if the cruise is still visiting the port.

I am on the Azura for a cruise in July to the Norwegian Fjords. P&O have changed the destinations and will no longer visit Flamm on this particular cruise. Stavangar is still on the list but whose to say it won't change.

The gripe is that neither the agent nor P&O have notified me of this change and I only found out by accident when I looked at the P&O website.

I was just about to book a ticket on the Flamm railway so I'm glad I checked.

But is it usual for cruise destinations to change without notification?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there

We are gong on P & O 9th July to Fjords. They do a tour to the Pullpit Rock so there must be enough time to go.

Are you sure that is to the top as the OP wants. We did a P&O tour a couple of years ago to Pulpit Rock but it was only a boat to the see it from the bottom, although it was a good scenic trip it didn't go to the top.

Edited by bee-ess

Are you sure that is to the top as the OP wants. We did a P&O tour a couple of years ago to Pulpit Rock but it was only a boat to the see it from the bottom, although it was a good scenic trip it didn't go to the top.

Correct. The ship's excursion is a boat trip to view the rock from below. There's a boat trip from the harbour so you can do that I dependently should you wish. But that is a different thing altogether from getting to the rock and hiking to the top. There's no way those on the excursion are doing that and I'm not sure how practical it would be to do it in the time.