Formal nights and Dining - Aurora 8 day cruise

Good day

After cruising with Royal Caribbean for last five years I have booked a saver trip to Norway in June last minute

Having not been on po before not quite sure what to expect.

Will there be formal nights. Been reading z blog and read black tie and black and white evening. Is this formal - what do I need to expect .

Also I read there are two dining rooms and s Buffett. We will be allocated dining on allocation. We are early eaters (5.00pm on the dot) so I have read if you ask once borded to ask at restaurant.

Could anyone confirm there is early and late seated dining room and freedom (anytime) also is there also a separate buffet on board.

Any help would be grateful

I have not told my partner iof this cruise as its her 50 birthday on 13th June and we sailing on 24th June. It may go well but it may not. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There will be formal nights. I think it's 2 on a 7 nighter. Also, there is early dining which is at 6.30 or late sitting at 8.30pm. Freedom dining is from 6.00- 9.30pm. There is the buffet restaurant which I think you can eat a bit earlier but not sure on that as I have always dined in one of the main dining restaurants. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good morning........yes there will be some formal evenings,. One or two per week usually on sea days. Dress code applied in dining rooms and some bars....either dinner suit or dark lounge suit and tie, long or cocktail style dresses, or evening trousers and top for women. The number of formal nights on your cruise will be posted on your cruise personaliser.

There is club dining in two sittings 6.30 and 8.30 and also freedom dining from 6.00 until 9.00....we have usually been allocated to Freedom dining on saver fares. If you are allocated a fixed sitting you don't want you can ask the Maître d' for a change....he is usually in one of the dining rooms during the afternoon of boarding or at dinner time.

If you must eat at 5.00 the only alternative is the buffet and I suspect there won't be much available at that time. I don't think they start serving meals as such until 6.00 ish.

Hope this helps..and that you enjoy your cruise!:)

Hols4

Hi Bournemouth air, the Horizon buffet is on deck 12, I think evening meals are served at

6.30pm but be aware they have themed food nights so if you prefer English food the Freedom dining restaurant will be a better option and opens at 6pm.We were on Aurora April/May and the food was good in the Medina freedom dining restaurant.

You can also get main meals in the buffet from 12 o'clock if you prefer to eat your main meal then. Aurora is a lovely ship,enjoy

Good day

After cruising with Royal Caribbean for last five years I have booked a saver trip to Norway in June last minute

Having not been on po before not quite sure what to expect.

Will there be formal nights. Been reading z blog and read black tie and black and white evening. Is this formal - what do I need to expect .

Also I read there are two dining rooms and s Buffett. We will be allocated dining on allocation. We are early eaters (5.00pm on the dot) so I have read if you ask once borded to ask at restaurant.

Could anyone confirm there is early and late seated dining room and freedom (anytime) also is there also a separate buffet on board.

Any help would be grateful

I have not told my partner iof this cruise as its her 50 birthday on 13th June and we sailing on 24th June. It may go well but it may not. Lol

Hi - we are on the same cruise - we are still awaiting cabin allocation and we will find out dining on board. But with so many port days maybe the 6-6.30 start for dinner will be good - so you are not rushing after a day off ship. We have also booked the Asian speciality resturant for the first sea day - we ate in there on the Ventura and it was outstanding.

Counting down the days now

Thanks for all nice comments.

How do you get to hear about cabin allocation - email or logging on ?

Best to log in. Sometimes emails are sent out, sometimes not..so safer to check yourself.

Print off your labels as late as possible, in case the cabin number changes.

I agree I think you will have freedom dining. If however you should be allocated 2nd set dining, you can ask on the first day..md, long q,to try and transfer, but they cannot guarantee to accommodate you. In which case you may have to do pay for or buffet.

Aurora tends to be one of the dressier ships ,so the formal nights will be very well adhered to.

Been back a couple of weeks from our first cruise, on Aurora. So some thoughts.

Dining was freedom and we loved it, share a table and enjoy the eclectic mix of characters, we had one 6 place table where everyone had been in some arm of the forces incl a 94yr old D day veteran brilliant company.

Cabin C135 balcony, clean and spacious plenty of hanging space and plenty of hangers, if the duvet is to warm just ask for a thin one.

There was trouble with the toilet system blocking, 6 times (17 night cruise),

2 occasions due to pax putting wet wipes in and apple peel!!

There was an issue with the mechanics of the system which they eventually fixed, but complain first via yr steward then elevate the complaint to the housekeeping manager.

Photographers will want to take yr picture but there was no pressure to buy, just say no they didn't mind.

Sailaway parties on the aft deck are good fun, giving other ships a burst of Rule Britannia is a laugh. (Except in Venice, not allowed loud music as you cruise out, by law)

Relax, enjoy and if you want something just ask, staff are brilliant.

Anderson's was our favourite bar, waiter Abjit was excellent.

Paul Morris

YAY - today we got Etickets - we have a cabin allocated now and tickets and luggage labels printed - getting excited now

What a great feeling, I hope you have a wonderful time x